Chapter Seventy

Adira 

Alone at last, I start stripping down. Fully nude, I smile over at a starring Evan. Crossing the room and winking at him, I tug at his shirt and he takes it off for me. Yanking it from him, I pull it over my head and giggle as I dash for the bed. "Grab the blanket."

Huffing, Evan picks up the blanket and two pillows. Crawling up the bed and pulling the blanket over top of us. Offering me a pillow before propping his head on the other one. "Should we talk now or.." Evan's lips tip up a little before dropping.

My shoulders lifting to my ears I drop them heavily, sliding down onto my side, facing him as I slip my hands under my cheek. "Now."

"You as mad at me as I am?" He asks, his voice low.

"No. Yes. I don't know. I understand, I just don't like it. I hurt you, and you hurt me, then Daniel hurt us both. Fights happen sometimes, I'm not oblivious, I know how relationships work. I don't have to be happy with it to get it. Unless you're thinking about rejecting me, I don't think we really have to keep talking this through. I'd rather we just moved on. I understand where you were coming from. Do you get why I did what I did? That's all that really matters. Do you forgive me, can you? Because I can forgive you?"

Sliding his hand over my hip and up my back between my shoulderblades, Evan pulls me closer. "I can, I do. I understand, I get it. I guess I kind of feel the same way. I just need you to know I'd never reject you, I said something stupid, I didn't even mean it, I wasn't expressing myself appropriately. I'd like to move on from this, but I need you to promise you won't run and mean it."

Chewing the inside of my cheek, I hook my leg over his. Sliding my hand up his chest and over his shoulder, my fingers tangled with the ends of his hair. His eyes search mine as I nodded slowly. "I won't run from you without a good enough reason. I can't promise I'll never run, just that I won't lie or hide anything."

"That's good enough for me." Evan sighs with relief, his hand cupping the back of my neck as his lips descend on mine. It's slow, gentle, and everything I need.

Pulling away the tingles linger on my lips and I moan from the sensation. Evan growling low. "We have to sleep."

Chuckling, I wiggle closer, getting comfortable, finding a good spot. I close my eyes. "Promise me you won't run either." I mumble.

Kissing my forehead, Evan presses his cheek against my head. "I promise."

Letting the safety I feel in his arms relax me, I listen to his heartbeat as Tala purrs inside of me. Every beat lulling me to sleep, a dreamless slumber taking over.

A soft knock at the door startles me, and I jump up, only to be yanked back down. "It's Warren. He wants to talk to me. Go back to sleep. Nobody will be up for another couple hour's, and get some rest."

Yawning, I roll over and hug my pillow. "Yes, Lerch." I smile.

Groaning, Evan curls himself around me. His lips warm against my shoulder before he buries his nose in the crook of my neck. "I'll see you downstairs, Shorty. I love you."

My eyes shoot open, and I spin around, my arms wrapping around his neck. "I love you too." Pulling him down to me, I peck his lips before nipping on his bottom lip. Smiling up at him as I lay back down. "That's the first real time you've said that you know."