Chapter Forty-One

Adira

Walking back to the party Hailey and I made up stories about the people we passed. Linking eachother elaborate backgrounds for each of them. All of them too far fetched to be true, but hilarious. It started when I'd pointed out an older man starring at a girl who looked to be around my age. A woman scowling at him as he watched the girl. I'd made a comment on it saying he must be her mate but unfortunately he looks like he prefers the younger crowd, and Hailey went with it. Adding to it, saying it was her fault for rejecting him for a warrior who left to go get milk and never returned.

Stuff like that didn't happen in our world. But it was funny to act like we were like humans. Like human scandals were our biggest problem. Even if Hailey and I knew from experience our world could dull out so much worse. Problems that would cripple and destroy even the strongest human.

Laughing as we walked towards my table everyone's eyes look towards us and Hailey stops laughing, her eyes dropping to her feet. "Don't get quiet on me now." I whisper, hooking my arm through hers. "You might be my only real friend here. Who else am I going to cry to about my non-problem problems." I bounce my shoulder against hers.

"I just don't like attention." Hailey links me.

"Okay, then I'll give them something else to look at." I smile.

Meeting Evans eyes I wiggle my eyebrows. "Do something to get everyone's attention. Jump on the table or something. They're freaking Hailey out."

Evan's eyebrows pull together and he looks around before turning to Noal and slapping his chest. The two of them looking at me like I've got a third head.

"Any other suggestions besides breaking a table at a party thrown for us, Mo Mhuirnin?" Noal links me.

Patting Hailey's arm I bit down on the inside of my cheek. Trying to think of something as we walk through a crowd of people. Only half way to the table. "Be creative. Nothing violent!"

I watch as Noal leans into Evan's ear and Evan laughs. Both of them standing up and holding out their hands to Sofia and Emma. Emma grabbing onto Noal's hand to quickly for my liking.

Whispers and murmurs of confusion surround me. Everyone's eyes turning to my mate and starring at him. Tala seethed inside of me. Noal had just thought of the worst distraction he possibly could have. A part of me was thankful for it. It meant I could sleep alone with an actual excuse I could use. Even with that in mind Tala couldn't stop herself from wanting to unleash on them both.

"We need to go before I shift and kill your sister." I whisper.

"Good idea." Hailey agrees, tugging me towards the pack house.

"I hope the couch is comfortable." I link Noal before putting a wall up. Blocking him out.

It was petty and I knew it, but I didn't care. I said distract everyone not cause my wolf to rage out. Through the crowd and past the tables we walk the path around the house. A few pack members waving at me, I smile politely in return. I didn't like the attention just as much as Hailey didn't. I was going to have to get used to it though. Alpha's daughter and all, I roll my eyes to myself.

"You better not be running off this time. Unblock Noal before he has a fit." Evan frets through our link.

Crinkling my nose I shut him out too and link Ally. "Not running away if anyone asks. Going to bed. Can you ask May to give Noal a blanket, he'll be sleeping on the couch."