Chapter Twenty-Four

Adira 

Sliding off Noal's lap I stand between his legs facing the door. Making sure my leg touches his to keep Tala under control. My nerves already shot, I didn't need to worry about hers too.

The front door opens and Ally walks inside, a little boy on her hip. He must be Conal. His cheeks are chubby, a little dimple on each cheek. Curly black hair on his head. He was adorable.

A taller boy behind her rambles on about someone named Patrica. Watching two identical twins walk in behind him I realize he must be Michael. He's the spitting image of Daniel. Tan and brooding, he looks too serious for a child.

Glancing at the twins I smile. All of them walking into the livingroom. The twins are going to be hard to tell the difference between. James and Joseph black hair cut short, combed over. Dark eyes like mine.

The boys go silent when they spot us. Michael stepping in front of his mother, my mother.

Yelling brings my attention back to the door. A tall brown eyes muscular man walking in. "You going to tell me why I was sent to dad's cabin now? It smells like wet dog. I'm going to have to take a shower."

"Shut up, Xale, you like muffin. Stop bitching about a little dog hair." A man walks in behind him.

Gregg and a little girl walk in a woman behind him. "Did May make muffins?" The little girl squeals, her F's sounding like S's.

Overwhelmed I sit down on Noal's knee. My hand grabbing at his thigh. His hand cups my hip and pulls me into his lap. "We're right here beside you. It's going to be okay." He whispers in my ear.

Evan's hand rubs my back and I bite my lip looking over at Owen and Phillip, both of them already staring over at me. I must look like I'm ready to bolt.

Gregg catches my eyes and smiles, offering a small wave. I wave back and force a smile to my face. The woman beside him tearing up as she stares at me so I look away. She must be Kelly.

Xale squinting his eyes at me makes me uncomfortable so I tear my eyes from him too.

"You going to let them keep examining her like a science experiment or introduce her?" Noal grumbles.

Flinching, Ally puts Conal on the floor. "Right, sorry." She mumbles, turning to them she holds her hand out gesturing towards me. "This is Adira, your sister, and her friends. Phillip and Owen." She points at them on the other couch, both of them waving. "And Evan her.. friend, and her mate Noal." She gestures my way again.

"Are they all?" Xale speaks up, asking if they're like us without asking.

"Yes." Daniel announces himself, walking out of a door behind the couch Owen and Phillip are sitting on.

"You couldn't bring some girls?" Xale looks at me.

Pointing my thumb at Noal I chuckle nervously. "His sisters are coming soon."

"I've got first dibs." Evan declares.

Noal's hand leaves my hip and I hear a smacking sound. "Those are my sister's, dude." He spat.

"I feel bad for whoever is mated to them." Owen mumbles, Phillip chuckling beside him.

Something tugs on the bottom of my dress and I look down at Conal. "Up." He held his arms up.