Chapter Ten

Adira 

Looking around the room I chew my lip. White and light blues decorating the large space. A white leather couch, glass coffee table, and TV mounted on the wall.

A book shelf to my left almost covering the entire wall, except for a door across the room.

Paintings of water droplets in blues hung above a large comfortable looking chair. A small table beside it decorated with small blue glass vases, on my right.

"I thought you said we were going to your room?" I frown.

Clearing his throat me passes me and opens the door across the room. "This is my room." He responses.

Following him I peak through the door, watching as he throws the shirt into a whicker basket.

With his back to me I take my time looking around the room. A bed pushed up against the corner of the room, covered in a white duvet and way too many pillows. Blue plush carpeting beneath my feet as I step inside.

It's not at all what I'd imagined his room looking like. Not that I'd thought about it really. Now that I'm inside I'm starting to really question my first impression of him.

If my family were humans I'd be suspicious of other wolves too. Heck I'm suspicious of humans and their intentions. It makes sense he would be protective of his family. They couldn't protect themselves like we could, they weren't strong enough.

Maybe I should forget what I'd first thought of him and start fresh. If Tala trusts him he must be worthy. That and the fact he hasn't given me a reason to be sceptical. Evan's been nothing but honest so far. I can't blame him for my father's lies.

"So you're the favorite." I joke. Deciding not to hold anything against him, and be nicer for now on.

Shutting his dresser drawer he turns to me. "Nope that's Cammy. The orphan cards helps though." He smirks back at me.

Even as he forces a smile to his face I know it's fake.

Uncomfortable I said anything I look down at my feet. Trying to think of something to say to change to topic. Something that doesn't upset him.

"I-i like your room." I mumble.

"You should be telling my mom; she picked everything." He responds.

My eyes jolt up at the sound of a door shutting and a light turns on from inside. Frowning I step closer and hear rustling around. Looking around the room Evan's gone and I realize it must be him in there.

Alone in his bedroom I walk towards the white washed wooden dresser beside the door. Inspecting the contents on top of it. Picture frames filled with him and Cammy. A couple on their wedding day I'm guessing is their parents.

What steals my attention is a photo of a creak. Evan sitting beside it facing the water. He looks young, maybe four or five. I could tell by his eyes it was him though. I've never seen anyone with turquoise eyes like his.

The door beside me opens and I jerk back. Feeling like I've just been caught doing something I shouldn't.

Evan's eyes look down at the pictures before he meets my eyes. "Should we dive right in?"