Chapter 004

Chapter 04

Chen Shiming, “……”

“Chen Qizhao, are you hungover and haven’t woken up?”

“Wake up.”

Chen Qizhao lowered the brim of his hat and didn’t look over there again.

Chen Shiming endured it. “Show me your wound.”

Chen Qizhao raised his hand to show it. He thought that it was all bandaged up. What could be seen?

He removed the blood-stained coat. His white arm was wrapped in bandages and there was still the injury left from the bar last night.

Chen Shiming examined it for a while and knew that the cut made by the trafficker wasn’t small. He couldn’t help saying, “What did the doctor say? Follow me to Dr. Li to have some anti-inflammatory medicine prescribed. His knife probably wasn’t clean so go and get a tetanus shot.”

He saw that the person in front of him was absent-minded and his voice became a bit heavier. “Chen Qizhao.”

Chen Qizhao sighed and explained, “I just got the tetanus shot.”

The corridor on the other side of the hospital.

“Why are you here? Didn’t I tell you to wait for me over there?” A capable looking woman in suit trousers walked over on high heels. She handed over the information pack in her hand to the young man and neatly put on her suit jacket. She asked the silent young man, “Shen Yuhuai, are you listening?”

Shen Yuhuai retracted his gaze. “I’m listening.”

Not far away, the young man in the beige coat quietly lowered his head. The brim of his hat covered most of his face and hid his well-behaved and delicate face. Only the slightly childish lower half of his face could be seen. The obedient and quiet appearance at this time was different from the previous sharpness used to subdue the trafficker. It was surprising that he restrained the man so cleanly.

Shen Xuelan wondered, “Did something happen just now? I heard a loud noise outside the clinic.”

Shen Yuhuai replied, “Something happened and the police came.

“Really?” Shen Xuelan glanced lightly at the movement on the other side and fastened her cuffs. She asked again, “Do you have anything to do at the research institute in the afternoon? If there is nothing, go home for dinner at night. Mother said she hasn’t seen you in a few days.”

The young man had always walked away, leaving only a slightly thin back.

“I can’t leave.” Shen Yuhuai looked down at his watch. “After picking you up for a meal, I have to go back for a meeting in the afternoon.”

“What are you looking at?” Chen Shiming noticed that Chen Qizhao was absent-minded. “You are distracted when walking. Do you want to fall and hurt your arm again?” He looked around casually. The matter of the traffickers behind them was already being handled by others and most of the liveliness in the lobby was dispersed. “This is a private hospital. The hospital will be worried about the impact if there is an incident here so they will take care of the follow-up.”

Chen Qizhao was wearing a hat and his expression under the hat couldn’t be seen.

“No, I thought I saw an acquaintance.”

He didn’t know if it was an illusion but he seemed to have seen Shen Yuhuai.

In the big circle of S City, every time they talked about the children of other people’s families, they would always mention a few mixed people. If Chen Shiming was mentioned, it was often accompanied by Chen Qizhao’s negative example.