Chapter 015

Chapter 15

Zhang Yazhi was watching TV. She heard Chen Shiming’s tone when he came home and directly said, “Is there anything you can’t say to my face?”

Chen Qizhao ignored Chen Shiming and continued the topic he was just talking about. “Uncle Zhang told me that you haven’t been eating it. This is your own body. Can you think a little more about yourself?”

“I gained a bit of weight in the past two days. The things that Old Zhang made are too nutritious. You don’t understand that I can’t eat too much nutritious food at my age. If I eat too much then my body will gain weight.” Zhang Yazhi’s weight had been unstable lately and she almost couldn’t fit into the dress she often wore. “I will eat it when I control my weight.”

She was anxious to change the subject and looked at Chen Shiming. “Why are you looking for your brother?”

Chen Shiming handed the briefcase to Uncle Zhang. He saw Chen Qizhao talking to Zhang Yazhi and simply sat down next to his brother, his eyes always on Chen Qizhao. “I heard news that your youngest son went racing in the suburbs.”

Chen Qizhao was originally a bit impetuous due to Zhang Yazhi’s matter. He heard Chen Shiming’s words and looked up in surprise. “You saw me racing?”

Zhang Yazhi said, “What is this? Talk about it.”

Chen Shiming lowered his voice. “I didn’t see it but isn’t it true that you took the group of people to the racetrack?”

He had called the racetrack to inquire about it. Chen Qizhao wasn’t alone and also brought a group of his scoundrel friends. He heard Chen Qizhao’s indifferent tone and almost laughed angrily. “I thought you have been sensible recently.”

Chen Qizhao explained, “I was doing a test drive.”

“Test drive and then what?” Chen Shiming looked at Chen Qizhao. “The cars at the racetrack have all been modified. Have you ever thought that if you made a mistake, the speed will kill people?”

Chen Qizhao stared at Chen Shiming, as if he had returned to a day many years ago. “Then what type of speed do you think calculates human life?”

The weather was fine that day. He was sitting in the classroom and listening to the boring theory class when he received Zhang Yazhi’s phone call. Her voice was full of anxiety and worry as she told him with a crying voice that Chen Shiming had been in a car accident. This was the beginning of all the tragedies of the Chen family, from the temporary acceleration of an important meeting to colliding with a large truck when taking a detour.

The driver died on the spot and Chen Shiming was disabled for half his life.

It was from a proud son of heaven to a sick dog who died from depression.

“80? 100? 120?” Chen Qizhao stared into Chen Shiming’s eyes, his tone fast and cold. “You say that there will be an accident if one goes too fast. You only know how to teach others with your mouth and don’t even do it yourself. How do you have the courage to lecture others?”

Chen Shiming was stunned when he heard the words and quickly reacted. “Chen Qizhao, what nonsense are you talking about?”

Zhang Yazhi had never seen Chen Qizhao like this and murmured, “Xiao Zhao?”

Chen Qizhao spoke impulsively but his heart couldn’t come down.

Nonsense? Yes, he was indeed talking nonsense but what position did Chen Shiming have to lecture him?

Back then, he deliberately looked at the surveillance. It was a green light and the truck violated the law, but the speed of Chen Shiming’s car at the time still exceeded the road’s speed limit. If the speed was slower then the car might not have hit the truck.