Chapter 011

Chapter 11

The young man on the other end of the camera had fair skin and his thin body was covered with a thin layer of muscle. Shen Yuhuai’s gaze was stuck on the bandage that was wrapped around the other person’s arm. In addition to the wound, he could see the smooth lines of the young man’s arm. He should exercise well since his physical fitness seemed very good.

He stopped for a moment. Then his eyes met Chen Qizhao, who was on the other end of the camera.

Perhaps it was his illusion but Shen Yuhuai felt that Chen Qizhao seemed to be looking at him too. Then he quickly rejected this idea.

The other person didn’t restrain his gaze and the actual gaze seemed to fall on him, exposing his incorrect thoughts.

The calm exchange of gazes caused an inexplicable embarrassment. Shen Yuhuai retracted his gaze, nodded apologetically and quickly left Chen Qizhao’s field of view, revealing the simple living room behind Yan Kailin.

Meanwhile, Yan Kailin didn’t notice this episode at all. He was very interested in this glorious badge of honor on his brother’s body and started to inquire about where the wound came from.

The next second, there was a notification that the video call was hung up on the camera interface.

Yan Kailin: “???”

He sent another video request but the other person didn’t answer.

“Is the signal here so bad that the video call can be cut off?” Yan Kailin moved his phone around to look for a signal. Then he turned back and saw Shen Yuhuai standing at the bedroom door not far away. He couldn’t help complaining, “Brother Huai, is your Wi-Fi here only a few megabytes? Why is the signal so bad?”

Shen Yuhuai took his gaze off the phone and suggested, “Maybe you can consider changing places the next time you video call someone.”

Yan Kailin couldn’t understand it. “Huh?”

In the bathroom, Chen Qizhao was expressionless as he used tape to paste the corners of the bandage. He glimpsed the video communication request reflected in the mirror, but he didn’t answer it until the last sound disappeared from the bathroom.

The screen darkened. Chen Qizhao’s gaze was still on the screen of the phone while his mind was on the young Shen Yuhuai.

In his memory, he had hardly seen Shen Yuhuai wearing pajamas, nor had he ever had a video call with Shen Yuhuai. In his past life when the two of them were most frequently in contact, Shen Yuhuai’s scientific research project had entered an important stage while he ran around for the Chen group day and night. It was only just before they went to bed that they would reply to each other’s messages.

At that time, he didn’t seem to have to sent many voice messages, let alone video calls.

The bathroom was a bit messy. Chen Qizhao threw away the blood-stained bandage into the trash can and went back into the bedroom.

Perhaps it was due to seeing Shen Yuhuai before going to bed but Chen Qizhao had a dream.

He dreamed back to when he was 27 years old.

At the age of 27, it should be regarded as an important stage in his career. He was struggling with the previous debts and there were several projects where he repeatedly encountered obstacles. Then he unexpectedly received an investment from abroad and there was a turnaround for the first time. He ran around from business and business and saw that the projects were going well. He was very happy to tell Shen Yuhuai the news.