209: Calm down, Satan.

Chapter 209: Calm down, Satan.

After passing the quiet Hyuga clan compounds, where some servants bowed to him, Neji found himself walking through the night streets of Konoha, the middle of the well-lit and dazzling busy market of the village.

The night streets of Konoha were honestly refreshing to Neji's modern world senses. There were no skyscrapers, no cars, and there was instead a smell of freedom in the air. It almost reminded him of the few villages and towns he had visited with Kimi in his early life, except the people felt a bit happier and cheerful.

No matter what anyone said, Konoha was the safest place in this damned world. Sure, it was not safe enough; since a few random red-eyed psychos and fish-men broke in from time to time, but the villagers were happy with this alone.

"Hey, Papa! How does it feel to have long hair? You look like a girl!"

Kurai was letting her awe and fascination know to him while also asking him useless questions as he passed the red light district of the village, getting eyed by both males and females, as many truly mistook him as a girl since half his face was covered by the blindfold. He contemplated if he should cut his hair right away, but rather decided to stay like this until the end of this world.

When they were in front of the hot spring house after a few more minutes of walking, Kurai figured it was a good idea to go and see the rest of the village by herself instead of waiting for Hinata to come out. In this world's setting, she became his summoned beast when he was 10 years old, so she clearly had memories of the village in her mind just like Neji, but she was a cat who liked to see things with her own eyes, and Neji didn't stop her.

"Just don't cause any trouble, okay? Most Chunnins and above know about you, and the ones who don't will recognise you because of the headband on your collar, but you still mustn't cause any trouble, okay?" Neji told Kurai seriously, watching her nod before she ran off.

Now with her gone, Neji turned to the Konoha Onsen, a wooden building located close to the Forest of Death where a natural hot spring happened to be located.

-...!

Just now, when Kurai ran off, he had noticed something orange and yellow flee inside the forest, and upon more channelling mana into his eyes to see through more than just his blindfold and through the bushes, he confirmed that no, it wasn't an enemy Ninja.

It was the protagonist, Naruto Uzumaki, who fled inside the forest from a yelling man, possibly a guard.

...Was he peeking inside the hot spring to see some naked skin?

'Ew, loser.'

Neji shook his head, figuring it was none of his business as he then looked inside the building with his mana channelled enough to penetrate the walls. There, he saw a commotion happening inside, probably because they noticed someone was peeking at them, and so the girls' side of the Onsen were freaking out.

He could notice Hinata in there too, her naked chest covered with a towel as she stood with her knees submerged in the water, her demeanour quite... confident.

...That was also another small change in this timeline. But maybe calling it 'small' wouldn't be right. That confidence wasn't the only thing different about her.

There was also Ino and Tenten inside, the only people he knew from the show amidst the crowd, though he knew many of the other girls via this 'life'.

Neji went to sit under a tree, figuring he would wait it out until the commotion ended, however fate had something else for him in the rack.