306: A Brand New Era

Wish to read chapters ahead of here? Visit my Patreøn.

Link: Patreøn.com/Master4thWall

———

Chapter 306: A Brand New Era

———

Humanity was in a state of confused chaos because of the occurrence of the Infinite Tsukuyomi—which left a gap in people's memories and they felt weirded out once they woke up.

They knew something had to have happened last night, because of the destruction around them; destruction that was left by the situation where the God Tree's root came out from parts and parts of the ground. But they didn't know what had happened, so everyone was shocked and bewildered by this.

The Four Kages were the only ones who knew what had happened last night, though they also missed most of the major events. However, they were there on the battlefield when the three Gods and the Sage of Six Paths himself showed up in full glory. Thanks to the Sage, the Kages were spared and teleported to the core of the Fire Nation, within its capital.

It was a tough day for the Daimyos too who were busy attending to the uncountable complaint letters from countless important figures in their respective countries; so when the Fire Daimyo—Akira Hideyoshi—heard the report that Four Kages were seen lingering in his capital, he sent out a call for them immediately.

The Four Kages weren't exactly in the best mood to stroke the ego of a noble, but they didn't want to make the situation bad again now that everything had calmed down for good, so they attended to the call and went to meet the Daimyo in his gorgeous castle.

The Four Kages were respectfully greeted by servants, and they guessed it must have been because the Fire Nation didn't have a Kage on its own right now, as Konoha was destroyed not long ago, and therefore the entire country was in potential danger from a riot from the rival countries. That's why the Fire Daimyo was taking it cautiously.

The 5th Kazekage, Gaara, was helping the Tsuchikage move alongside them by using a sand platform to lift his old bones that were having a very hard time walking after last night. That way, the four Kages made their way onto the castle.

They soon realized their dirty state that didn't match the luxury of the castle, but thankfully the Daimyo was aware of that and sent a servant with the message:

"My Lord wishes to enter a video meeting with the other Daimyos, and he wishes for you all to attend it as well. However, he recognized that you aren't in the most comfortable state right now."

"Since you guys are uncomfortable with the state you are currently in, don't mind taking a hot bath. We have separate facilities for both males and females."

The Kages agreed immediately, of course. The three males were led to a hot spring of their own, while the Mizukage, Mei Terumī, was led to a separate bath.

"Ah, apologies,"

The maid that was escorting Mei said with an awkward smile while she halted from opening the door to the bathhouse.

"This bath is already occupied. There are other ones, unfortunately the quality isn't so good, so I hope you'll manage."

Mei frowned a little. What sort of Daimyo lacked bath houses for females?

"...Who is it occupied by?"

"It's the princess, our lord's daughter."

Mei blinked. Suddenly, she caught onto the situation.

It wasn't that they lacked bath houses for females, but that the Daimyo wished that somehow Mei–the Mizukage–would get close to his daughter so that the chances of animosity between them in the near future lowers. This way, as Mei was a woman herself, the Daimyo wouldn't feel like he is selling his daughter while at the same the thing he wants to accomplish will be accomplished.