290: Kage Summit (3)

Wish to read chapters ahead of here? Visit my Patreøn.

Link: Patreon.com/Master4thWall

———

Chapter 290: Kage Summit (3)

———

The three Akatsukis and four Kages all shifted in their spots as Neji Hyuga appeared out of a black portal and stood in front of them, leaning against the wall as the portal closed behind him.

Obito quickly placed a hand on Naruto's shoulders just as the boy was about to make a jump at Neji– or at least he acted as if that'd happen.

Obito whispered, "Don't, Naruto."

Naruto growled but didn't attack. For a moment, his sharingan met with Obito's and– for an instant, both of their eyes gleamed in a light of mischief.

As it turned out, Neji Hyuga's appearance today was just as planned, just as the prediction showed by Naruto's implanted Sharingan. Fugaku Uchiha's Mangekyou, with the power to predict the future.

Now, if the other prediction went right as well, Neji Hyuga wouldn't survive today.

For now though, Obito and Naruto will leave it to Sasuke as he wasn't entirely into this plan– he only knew about the ending of this meeting, not the middle part– and therefore could deliver truthful reactions to the events that'll unfold.

* * *

On the other side of the room, Mei Terumī spoke on behalf of all the Kages.

"What do you mean by that, Neji Hyuga?"

"It is as I said, a Genjutsu."

Neji stepped forward, making everyone alert but nobody moved to attack.

"That's what my friend 'Madara' here also plans to do. I actually support his idea, very great and self-sacrificing as it is."

Mei watched as Neji looked at Madara's with a strange smile on his face.

"The Infinite Tsukuyomi. It's a Genjutsu that, when casted at nighttime, reflects on the surface of the moon and catches everyone in this planet into it. Even people who are not looking at the moon, or the people on the other side of the world where it's not even night time, are caught into it."

The Kages frowned at that but Neji continued without allowing anyone to present any question.

"You must be wondering what the hell I am talking about, but it's the truth. Have you guys heard about the Rinnegan? It's real. So was Sage of Six Paths. So is the legend of the moon rabbit." Neji said. "After combining the Nine Tailed Beasts, a creature named the Ten Tails is born. That creature, when sealed inside a person, gives birth to the Ten Tails Jinchuuriki. The Infinite Tsukuyomi is a Genjutsu that can be cast by that Jinchuuriki."

"...Is that so?"

When Gaara asked suspiciously, Neji nodded.

"Our friend 'Madara' here is aiming to do exactly that. I applaud him for that, as he is making my job easier. I also wish that the world gets stuck into an Eternal Genjutsu, where everyone will be able to live the life they always wanted– where they will be the king of their reality– where nobody will be sad."

Neji spread his arms maniacally as he spoke each word with passion, a psychotic smile on his face that creeped even the Kages.

"However," Neji put his arms down, turning to Obito. "The problem is I don't trust the Ghost of Uchiha. Who knows what sort of Genjutsu he will cast? Maybe instead of internal peace for every individual, he will force everyone to obey his ruling in this disgusting, rotting reality?"