217: Akatsuki

Chapter 217: Akatsuki

-

['So I was right...'] Kurama thought, peeking from within Naruto and watching the scene outside.

The Konoha ninja team was observing the false dead body of the Uchiha descendant. However, Kurama's focus was specifically on Neji.

['Not only did he regain all his wasted Chakra, but his total Chakra also increased again. By around 13% this time. Both happened the exact second the Uchiha perished.']

Just what the hell is he?

Not only that, as she watched him now, he was busy with something else in his head - while the others were discussing his opinion about the use of a technique called the Shapeshifting Jutsu - and as he stayed dazed, his chakra just kept increasing. How's that even possible?

She could barely sense him after trying hard, but that only lasted as long as he was in her sight. With such a special perk, no wonder the others beside him didn't notice the sudden spike in chakra. Probably only the female Hyuga brat noticed this since she had observed the battle to its end with her Byakugan. But if she did, she didn't care to point it out.

['Very interesting...'] Kurama purred.

In this single day, he had (around) a whopping 54% increase in Chakra. Not only that, but she also figured out about that alpha beast scent around him. It came right from him.

This Hyuga brat wasn't a human. Not entirely anyway. A true beast resided within him, or maybe he himself was that beast... and she really wanted to see what else was alpha about the boy other than his scent.

['Tsk, I suddenly want to break free. Being inside this Uzumaki brat wouldn't do.'] Kirama thought, and with that in mind, she started to contemplate how exactly she should make an 'escape'. This brat didn't keep his promise, and she didn't particularly like him anyway, so she didn't mind if tearing from within him would kill him.

Anything for freedom.

-★-

About the ‹Shapeshifting Jutsu› Neji gave the same explanation to Kakashi's team. They didn't doubt his words and rather went into investigating the body.

While they did so, Neji was busy putting his 250 stat points into each desired stat, his MP soon reaching 51,300 points. Suddenly, a voice brought him out of his daze.

"You are really different than before, Neji." Naruto said, a competitive grin on his face. "Not only are you strong but you also know about Jutsus that even Kakashi-sensei doesn't know."

Kakashi of the thousand Jutsus. Of course, even he didn't know about a jutsu that can only be used by the Rinnegan.

"Oh well, I would have said it's all fate, but we have had that talk before." Neji said with a chuckle, and Naruto laughed too. Hey, he liked Naruto. Not the best guy around, but he was friendly and was much better than someone like Izuku.

"By the way, I have a question for you, Neji." It was Kakashi who butted in. "The Tenseigan. Itachi spoke of it. What is that?"

After being healed by Kurai, Kakashi seemed mostly fine now, all his physical wounds gone, except he was still somewhat exhausted from chakra overuse.

Tenten and Sakura glanced at each other, possibly remembering Hinata's warning from the onsen that Neji had peeked into, and even Chiyo and Temari seemed quite interested. Especially Temari, who possibly suspected his previous transformation to be a part of the eye, and Hanabi and Temten possibly did the same too.