254: Lightning Country & Vault Raid

Chapter 254: Lightning Country & Vault Raid

The Land of Lightning. That's where the Village Hidden in the Clouds is located. A really beautiful place, this country. It went with the description of martial worlds from Chinese fiction.

The tall rocks, hills and mountains were covered and surrounded by clouds. The environment was a soothingly cool one here.

The land itself was much higher up from the surface level, and huge rocks were coming out of the ground – reaching as high as the clouds. The Hidden Cloud Village was built on top of countless tall rocks positioned close to each other. Each rock had buildings built on top of them and was connected with other buildings by wooden bridges.

Neji wondered just how many people died each year by slipping and falling to their death. Not very practical, but he supposed this did provide a very efficient natural defence for the village. The people got used to it too, sooner or later, and most of all the great environment made up for everything else.

Neji was 9 kilometres away from the village as he observed the area. His eyes could only see the outskirts of the village since their range was 10 kilometres in all directions. He noticed someone interesting on the outskirts, making him smirk.

That person's presence would help in his plans.

After observing the area a bit more, enjoying the refreshing wind breeze by him, Neji released a soft breath.

"I like this place," Neji said as a miniature planet floated on his shoulder. "Don't you guys agree?"

Neji could, beside him, materialise the [Planetary Dimension] in the real world when he is out of it. That allowed the people inside to watch the outside world if they wished – like that of a TV. This was a moving-house on steroids, and Neji loved it.

"I guess," Temari's voice came out of the planet. "Better than where we are living right now at least."

"That's what I thought," Neji agreed. "I will copy this area's terrain once I am inside the village. Then paste it on our Planet." Neji said. "Just hang on for a bit."

"Sure. But what's the plan?" this time, Hanabi asked. "Do you observe for a few days? Or what?"

"Plan?" Neji shrugged. "I don't need a plan. I go there, steal the jutsus I want, and return."

"Oh! Oh! Can we keep watching, boss? It's boring here!" Toga's energetic voice begged from inside the planet.

"Yeah, I support! Neji, don't close the TV!" Tenten begged.

...Did they take him for a Twitch streamer?

"Alright, alright, you guys can watch." Neji waved his hand, making the planet invisible, along with himself. "Just don't make any sound, people outside can also hear it. Let's go."

—-

Unlike what Neji had said, he did have a plan. Samui was still pretty shaken, but a few healing spells allowed her to think straight again. Though she still was loyal to Neji – more than a dog ever would.

He followed behind her while under invisibility, watching her casually pass through the gates of the village and head to the Raikage's office.

Oh, he just got a quest related to this heist. Nice.

—-—

Raikage was in his office, doing paperwork while his assistant Mabui was busy under his desk. Honestly, it just felt greatworking like this.

He was pretty sure he was the only Kage who enjoyed working on paper works, because of the girls that worked under his desk when he did. The other Kages weren't so lucky, given two of the five Kages were women, one was an old man and another one was just a brat. His life was nice.