251: Leave & Interrogation

Chapter 251: Leave & Interrogation

Tsunade woke up a day later, and though the memory of last night was not vivid – she could remember the important bits.

Shit.

What was she thinking? Doing that a night after saying 'I think of you as my son-' just what must he think of her character now? Ugh.

She looked around her bed to see if it was messy or not – if he had actually accepted her invitation or not – but she found her bed perfectly done. Getting up and taking a stroll around her home, she found only Shizune sleeping in her own room.

"Fuuh..." Tsunade couldn't help but sigh. Gosh, she narrowly escaped from that tight, troublesome situation. How will she show her face to him now? Actually, that's an unnecessary worry – she could always pretend she didn't remember anything of that incident. "...Yeah, that can work."

Now she just had to call him to her office and thank him for bringing her home – creating the illusion that she remembered nothing.

Resolute in her decision, she left for her office.

The Hokage tower consisted of three round buildings built together, with a doorway connecting all of them. The one in the middle was the Hokage Office building, while the two on the side are living quarters for the current and previous Hokage. Since all the previous Hokages are dead, only one of them was occupied by Tsunade and the other one was mostly empty except for some personal belongings from all the other Hokages, the ones that weren't important enough to be in the Office.

She groaned softly while walking. The hangover was giving her a terrible headache. Honestly, a small part of her... felt more annoyed at Neji for not accepting her. Even though she laid herself down and got naked, he shot her down. It stung her pride a bit. Just a bit, though.

Really, was she really that old and ugly underneath? She hadn't seen that form in decades, so she couldn't tell.

After reaching her office, she told the Anbu to give her a minute, which she used to take her clothes off and stand in front of a mirror. She turned off her advanced transformation jutsu as smoke rose from her body. The smoke dispersed and...

"Huh?"

Tsunade looked at the mirror in confusion, walking closer to squint at her reflection.

"What the hell?"

Nothing... changed. Actually, something did change – but it wasn't anything negative. The last time she saw her true self two decades ago, she had a few wrinkles but now she had none of those. No, she looked more youthful, and objectively more beautiful than her transformed form from a minute ago.

"Just how?"

Confusing... but as her mind wandered, she soon found the answer.

Neji. He did something to her. Like what happened to Kakashi's eyes, her ill-effect was also fixed. Senjus naturally had a better physique than others, as she could remember elderly from her clan looking very young when they were alive. If not for her Seal of Hundred, she would have also looked much younger – but still not to this extent.

She chewed on her lips as a small blush appeared on her face. Looking at her... true, real form, she felt conflicted. Weird. One reason why she never accepted Jiraiya's confessions was because she feared he would be disgusted and leave her if he were to see her true form. He knew she was using a transformation jutsu to look younger, but he didn't know how she looked underneath. Would he...would Neji...

She shook her head. What's the point in thinking about Jiraiya now? He was... dead, with his body unavailable for recovery. Neji on the other hand already rejected her.