240: New Jinchiuriki? (1)

Chapter 240: New Jinchiuriki? (1)

Kiana had tried to escape a total of 9 times in the past few days.

She succeeded not even once. Far from that. She hadn't even stepped outside the boundary of this clan compound!

As it turned out, these people of the Hyuga Clan had the innate ability, which they called the Kekkei Genkai, Byakugan, that could see through walls and anything else in general. Since guards with this broken ability roamed around all day long, it wasn't surprising she failed to escape.

Her "teammates", if she could call them that, hadn't tried helping her, either. She understood Toga and why she wouldn't want to escape. Because this wasn't a prison to her, this was her own territory. But as for why Nemuri never tried to escape, Kiana couldn't comprehend. After all, the former pro hero Midnight could make anyone fall asleep. If she worked with Kiana, they could probably pull off an escape.

That's why today, on the 7th day of their stay in this other world, Kiana sneakily entered Nemuri's room at midnight.

'It's good to have our own room now. It was hateful to live with that criminal girl.' Kiana thought. The criminal girl, Toga, had shared a room with her and Nemuri for the first three days before they were given their own room. Kiana had actually tried taking her hostage in the hope to get out of here, but that girl moved like a slime and subdued her. Now, they all had separate rooms, though the rooms were just beside each other, but that's not a problem.

"Mhmm..." Nemuri was sleeping soundly, her busty body laid defenceless on the futon as Kiana loomed over her.

If Kiana had the intention to kill, she could do it right away. This woman... she was too careless. Kiana took it into her own hands to teach her self defence techniques later on.

Though seeing her gorgeous body in that defenceless state did stir up a thought within Kiana. Neji. The past week, Neji hadn't tried anything on Nemuri. Though he did fuck Toga tons of times, whenever he wanted, and occasionally grouped Kiana's body for fun, he didn't do anything to Nemuri. Why?

Did he really love this woman?

With her image of Neji as the dirtiest pervert in the multiverse, Kiana had assumed he would jump on Nemuri's defenceless, busty form the first day, when he was finished with Toga that night. But he didn't. In fact, until now he had only tried flirting with her with words (though he got no response, but that's beside the point).

Kiana shook her head. It was worthless thinking about that. She rather crouched down and shook Nemuri's body softly.

"Nemuri," she called. "Wake up, it's me."

The raven-haired woman's eyelids twitched as she slowly woke up, blinking before sitting up to look at Kiana. "Uh? What's up? Isn't it pretty late?"

"It is. That's why I came to you now. I want to talk." Kiana said, looking intently into her. "First, answer me this. Why don't you want to escape?" She started with the million-dollar question. "Don't tell me you developed Stockholm syndrome?"

Nemuri stopped rubbing her eyes and frowned at her. "Not at all." She scoffed. "And where do you want to escape? We all saw what that guy showed us from the sky. This is a different world. You might still doubt it, but I don't because I can't. I saw our world get destroyed with my own two eyes to know this isn't that destroyed shit hole. There is no Public Safety Commission, no Hero System, and nothing that we can call home in this place. Where do you want to go after escaping? For all we know, that guy might be protecting us from the true dangers outside."

"..." Kiana's hand rested on her thighs as she looked into Nemuri's eyes. "That guy this, that guy that. You don't refer to Neji by his name. Do you know how much this makes it seem like a lover's quarrel?"