269: Unknown Powers

Chapter 269: Unknown Powers

Neji was sitting on a balcony of his palace— a supernatural balcony which existed in his heaven, yet at the same time in the outside world. As the ball-heaven flew to the Land of Earth, the balcony showed the moving scenery there as the wind blew on his face.

Neji was enjoying tea when the door opened behind him, making him sigh. "Knock before you enter." He said, without even turning to look at Jashin.

"...Sorry, I supposed you'd know I was coming either way." The Goddess of Death said, walking over and looking at a chair, and upon seeing him shrug she took it as a sign and sat down. "You summoned me?"

"Yes." Neji nodded, putting down the tea on the table on his side. "About the Gods. I wanted to ask what they think of me ascending and what they plan to do."

"Well, we were investigating your background before you... abducted me." The goddess said with her emrald eyes looking at him. "We figured out that you may not be from our universe. We found signs of reality changing, but not who or what caused it or even the result of it, beyond that you had somehow slipped into our world without us noticing. We theorise that you are a God who, by himself or by someone else's help, rewrote reality to fit yourself in this world."

"Hm," Neji hummed. Was it because Lady Luck was weakened that they could sense the meddling with reality? Or... was it another one of her ploys?

Neji sighed. "What are the chances that the Gods would want to confront me? And if the chance is high, how much time do I have at hand?"

Neji wasn't scared of them. He had fought Gods from the Prime Omniverse— weakened by the Omniversal Will or not. It was hard to fear normal Gods after that.

"I don't think they'd want to confront you at all," Jashin said, making him surprised. "Due to two main reasons. The first one is— the God Mahakala's prophecy. It said that in a few years from now, the 4th Great Ninja War would happen, which may bring an end to the world or make the world enter its modern golden era. Due to your intervention, I hear the time of the war is coming faster. The Gods wouldn't move to target you, since you may as well die in the upcoming War. If you don't, then perhaps they would meddle with you, though not necessarily try to kill you."

"You are not lying?" Neji asked, putting a hand under her chin and making her look up. A blush grew on her beautiful face and she gulped, nodding her head. "Alright, I will take your words for it. Remember, you don't want to lie to me."

In hindsight, that reasoning also explained why the Sage of Six Paths hadn't meddled with him yet. Since the world mightget destroyed anyway, a variable doing smaller destruction may not matter in the grand scheme of things— not until the war concluded, anyway. Sure, he stole lots of souls that should have went to Hagoromo's Pure Land, but if the war was lost by humanity's side they'd all be put into a comatose state, to only dream a false life, to never reach the Pure Land as well. In comparison to that scenario, Neji had only stolen a small portion of souls. So Hagoromo might rather wait until the War is done before descending.

As for why Hagoromo didn't care that Naruto was dead? Because Naruto wasn't dead at all. One of Neji's clones had seen him in the corner of its sight. He was... different now, but he was at least alive. In short, Hagoromo had no immediate reason to descend down in the mortal realm just to meddle with a mortal who may even help in the War to subdue his mother.

Neji looked at Jashin. "As for the second reason?"

"...Because of your divine status," Jashin said, releasing a sigh once he let her chin go. "You are a relatively new God, but after spending an entire day with you while getting... intimate, I have sensed the depth of your divinity. Your faith points aren't that many, I myself have more, but the depth, the authority behind it is mind-numbing. You probably don't know how to, but by releasing your [Divine Status] you can even make normal gods lose their consciousness."