297: The Moon Princess (3)

Chapter 297: The Moon Princess (3)

Neji kinda deserved the punch if he was being honest.

His little prank of not telling them about the Dimensional Teleportation before in time had clearly pissed off all five of his girls back then. That, when coupled with Rumi's temper, he should have expected the punch in their first meeting. But he didn't expect so, because he was very much looking forward to meeting her.

Not counting the surge of memories he had as 'Neji Hyuga', it had just been a bit over a month since he last saw her– yet, he still missed her a lot, nonetheless.

When he was punched by Rumi, with a power that destroyed his Transformation Jutsu, Neji was shot right outside Earth's atmosphere. Yet, as he floated, he was sure Rumi must have missed him a lot too.

Neji took a moment to regain his composure, admitting that the punch held great power behind it.

Soon, he was about to just teleport himself back to Earth, but before that could happen, he sensed someone approaching him at a breakneck speed.

Just as he turned his head to the right, he found Rumi rushing to him, and in surprise he was caught off guard and attacked once again.

‹Eighty Gods Vacuum Fists›

Eighty large fists of purple chakra crashed onto Neji's face, breaking a dozen of his bones, as he was thrown backwards into space.

Neji barely evaded another version of the same attack, dodging by leaping to the side. He grunted for a moment when his injuries healed in the blink of an eye.

'Did Rumi not recognise me?' Neji couldn't help but ask himself. 'Maybe because of the cloaks of chakra around me?'

This clearly was Rumi, even her status screen said the same, so the problem must be with his appearance.

[Rumi Usagiyama – Ōtsutsuki – Peak Tier 20]

Even though it said Ōtsutsuki, her previous race being too weak in comparison to be mentioned, her name was still Rumi. So the odds that her mind was that of Kaguya were low.

Her Tier wasn't surprising either. Rumi herself was Tier 14 when Neji teleported her away, and a full-powered Kaguya should be somewhere between Tier 15 to 16 (since Ten-Tails Madara was Low-15 himself). The current Rumi had both her old and Kaguya's abilities, so Tier 20 was rather a low number.

Neji was happy that she had grown this much—even if it was a coincidence that she ended up becoming Kaguya. However, now for the same reason, his life was in danger.

If Rumi kept attacking and he was left to just flee and defend, he could actually die.

"Rumi, it's me!"

Neji raised his arms in the air in a defensive manner as he cancelled most of his power buffs. Eight Gates, Tenseigan Chakra Mode, Lightning Cloak. He only kept his Hybrid form, believing it might rather help her recognise his identity.

When he once again used Transformation Jutsu to turn his looks into that of his previous world's version, Rumi again paused for a moment.

A second later, her expression only distorted further.

"I know who you are, fool."

Rumi grumbled and rushed at him once more.

This time Neji didn't have his buffs to help him. That's why he couldn't dodge when another full-powered punch landed on his stomach.