303: I am done here (3)

Wish to read chapters ahead of here? Visit my Patreøn.

Link: Patreøn.com/Master4thWall

———

Chapter 303: I am done here (3)

———

After the Infinite Tsukuyomi ended, the four Kages were also released from their dreams, and so was Kurama the Nine-Tailed-Fox. Their immediate thought was to find Neji, but by the time they returned to the place where the war had taken place, they realized Neji was long gone.

Rather, they came across each other.

The Four super-weakened Kages against the Yin-Chakra Kurama.

"Not good..."

"It's the Nine-Tailed Fox."

"But- didn't all the tailed beasts get sucked into that statue?"

"Perhaps they were released?"

As the Kages were knocked out before reanimated Minato released Kurama from within him, they didn't know the origin of this Kurama. Therefore, they were fearful that all the other tailed beasts may have returned. Fearful—because now that they were so weakened, if all the beasts returned and decided to rampage around, then nobody would be able to stop them.

Excluding Neji, but that guy didn't count.

"Idiots."

Kurama, however, simply scoffed at the Kages who were looking at her cautiously.

"I am not here to fight y'all puny humans, as long as you don't attack me first. I am here waiting for that Neji bastard to return. I will-"

Kurama's voice paused, a strange feeling suddenly ripping through her body, as she blinked and looked to the side; to the side, where space bloomed in and out of itself.

A moment later, the ethereal figure of a man sitting in a lotus position, floating a few inches above the ground, formed out of thin air.

"...Old Man?"

Kurama muttered as her eyes went wide when she looked at the smirking man to the side—his Rinnegan as familiar as Kurama could recall.

Hagoromo, the Sage of the Six Paths.

He was finally here, but he wasn't alone, as three more figures of ethereal aura formed at his side.

Each of them had an invisible weight around them that seemed to pressure reality itself.

Each of them, Kurama realized, were Gods with powers unimaginable.

* * *

The atmosphere inside Neji's heaven was cold and unpredictable. Rumi exchanged glares with the other girls and Neji stood in a corner with a silent, confused Little Kaguya by his side.

Even after a long minute of silence, the 'second generation of girls', as Rumi dubbed them, couldn't find a word to refute her taunt.

At the end of it all, they realized Rumi was right. She had a point in her claim.

As Neji feared, they did feel somewhat inferior here. From the start, Neji has been looking for this Rumi person, after all, how could they be better than her? She was a person from his old world, with whom he spent a long time with; how could they ever compare with her?

Some of the girls felt down, some felt complicated, and one girl in particular had her heart tremble violently.

"So..."