215: Fish Fry

Chapter 215: Fish Fry

["See~? This is more fun than just destroying the world outright?"]

Neji couldn't help but agree with Lady Luck on that. Flying in the sky with three girls (and one cat) in his six arms (and one shoulder), Neji was enjoying the search.

'I suppose. But anyway, I am thinking of completing your quest sooner rather than later. I have three people with me right now, along with a cat, so if I make them accept me as their "God" today, only one would be remaining. That one, I have in my inventory.'

["Tsk~ No, I am not gonna count your cat. That's cheating. Do it the hard way, naa~ What's so fun in easy runs?"]

Neji grunted at that, making Hanabi look at him carefully, nervous as if she did anything wrong, but he just smiled at her. "Sorry, I am just a bit annoyed that we haven't found anything yet."

She nodded and Neji went back to his mind. 'Fuck you.'

["After you clear this world~"]

Neji sighed. He didn't mind hard games either, but the case was different when the life and well-being of his main girls were at stake here. But he didn't have any choice, this entity was too old and strong for her to understand his humane emotions properly. Not that he hated her, he still liked her, just that she was annoying in these times.

["In any case, you said you plan to make them accept you as their God today? A confident one, aren't you?"]

Neji kept flying, not bothering to answer her. He just said that in a moment's note, of course. Though he was a bit confident that today, he could make them see him as a "God". For that he needed a punching bag, and as it turned out... that bag was just close to him.

He wasn't able to sense the Gedo Statue yet. His [Dark Sense] Skill, unlike [Blank], was relative to his main Level. At his current level, it couldn't help him sense something like Gedo Statue that was an unknown distance far from here and also protected behind a barrier-clad cave.

However, it seemed they were close to the cave enough for the Akatsuki to send their troops after the rescue teams.

All four of the Nejis dropped to the ground, and three of them puffed out of existence after putting the girls down. Now, Team Neji and Temari stood facing a blue-skinned humanoid fish, a bandage-covered 'sword' over his shoulder.

"Hehe, and here I was wondering if I should jump up or not. But still, flight? It seems the rumours don't lie, Thunder Palm Neji." The monster, Kisame Hoshigaki of the Akatsuki said, chuckling to himself.

Thunder Palm Neji was a moniker Neji Hyuga earned after becoming a Jounin. In this timeline, Neji had all five chakra affinities, thought by the Hyuga Clan head to be a perk of the "Tenseigan" but it was really just a boon Lady Luck gave him because, unlike Chakra, he didn't need any of the "affinities" to cast any elemental spells or Jutsus by using Mana. However, with that perk being in place, Neji Hyuga received the chance to train any of the five elements he wished, and he chose Lightning as his main choice. That, mixed with Gentle Fist, he soon received that moniker from how flashy and fast his palm strikes were.

"The rumours don't lie about you either, Mr Fuck Face." Neji replied with a smile. "You really are a fish-human hybrid, also you look retarded."

"..." Kisame's veins popped up in his forehead with an audible gush of blood. "Hah, and here I thought only your former sensei was an annoying bastard. I was just planning to hurt you kids a bit, but fuck, ya are asking to be butchered. Let's go, Samehada!"