220: Ungrateful Bastards (1)

Chapter 220: Ungrateful Bastards (1)

The Sand Ninjas soon reached the spot where the Konoha Ninjas were at.

Kankuro had left the village with a large team to back up the Konoha teams who were trying to save Kazekage. They had to stop and take safety in the distance in their way once they saw some weird glossy silver creature taking on and then defeating the Shukaku, and quite casually on that.

The Sand Ninjas first thanked Naruto and Sakura for their help, though they were soon corrected by Sakura, saying- "Thank this sleeping... 'guy' once he wakes up. We don't deserve it."

The Sand Ninjas were confused, but Sakura and the others (even Chiyo) refused to elaborate. In defeat, they simply led them back to the village, bringing their heroes to rest.

—★—

In Konoha,

Shizune stood in front of Tsunade, reading out the report. "Kakashi omitted... almost everything, but it seems they have succeeded in their mission. Except for Neji Hyuga and his summon, they have been unconscious for 16 hours-"

"What?!" Tsunade jumped from her seat, slamming the table. "What's wrong with him?! What did Sakura say about his condition??"

"...He is supposed to be fine, just exhausted. But Sakura-chan still seems to be worried."

"That's it, I am going." Tsunade wore her green coat, starting to walk towards the door. However, Shizune stepped in front of her. "...What?"

"Lady Tsunade..." Shizune sadly looked at Tsunade's eyes. "He's not... uncle. He's not Dan. Please."

"..." Tsunade's face was agitated for a minute before she opened her mouth. In the end, no words left her and she simply released a deep sigh. "Of course, he's not. I don't like him for that... It's because..." Tsunade soon realised she had no excuse. She just covered her face with her hands. "...Oh God. I am sorry, Shizune. I must look so... disgusting to you."

"It's fine, Lady Tsunade." Shizune hugged her mentor. "It's not your fault. He does look similar to my uncle. But... you should accept the truth. Please."

The hug lasted for a minute before Tsunade pushed her back and went back to her seat, putting her face on the table.

Shizune held back an annoyed grunt as she read the last line of the report. She didn't want to say it, but it was a very big thing to hide.

"But Lady Tsunade. It seems you do have to go to the Sand. It's about the Shukaku... something weird has happened to it. They wouldn't elaborate this too, but it seems like a big deal. We are invited to leave for the Sand right away." Shizune finished, watching Tsunade raise her head, looking relieved.

Shizune clenched her jaws at that sight. 'That's it. I will ask that Hyuga boy to clear things up right on her face. That should do the trick.'

"Let's leave right away," Tsunade said, leaving for the door. "It should take around 12 hours."

—★—

"Mmhm..." Neji slowly opened his eyes. "Huh?"

Dozens of system messages were in front of his face.

[Quest, "Kazekage Retrieving Mission" has been completed!]

[Main Objective, save Gaara, have met!]

[Bonus Objective 1, kill Sasori, have met!]

[Bonus Objective 2, kill Deidara, have met!]