274: Konoha Ninjas (2)

Chapter 274: Konoha Ninjas (2)

As planned, Neji took the Ninjas to Tsunade who started to spill the situation down to them.

They were surprised— baffled even, but they accepted the truth sooner than Kurenai did. After all, the squad leaders were all great Ninjas and had fought countless enemies with reality-defying powers. This particular incident was the most shocking thing they had heard, but it wasn't in the realm of impossibility.

The chunins under the three squad leaders came to accept the reality too, thanks to their jounin sensei helping them sort things out in their heads.

Neji then allowed them to meet their families, which helped them accept the realities further— though the Ninjas did break down at the full realisation, especially the chunins.

The three jounins, Kakashi, Guy, and Asuma had lost too many people at this point to shred tears at the sight. They just calmly and silently met up with their friends, as none of them had family members who ended up in this heaven, and bid them goodbye.

A few hours after that, Neji called everyone back to his palace, standing in front of them to offer them the same deal he did to the others.

"Excluding you guys, some other Konoha Ninjas who weren't in the village due to missions or personal reasons are still alive. Konoha, as any Hokage would say, isn't gone as long as even a single Ninja is wearing the leaf headband." Neji said. "So you can go out and continue your lives in the outside world, build Konoha out or scratch, live life as a civilian— anything, really. Nobody will force you for anything. Otherwise, you can live here, with your family and friends, enjoying life in heaven. The choice is entirely up to you."

The Ninjas who were silent after meeting the souls of their family and friends looked at each other, back and forth, and then sighed. After a long while, Kiba and Ino raised their hands. When they did, they exchanged glances and thinned their lips.

"Can we stay here?" both of them asked at the same time.

"Akamaru, too." Kiba added.

"Kiba, Ino..." Asuma said, looking at them but he didn't judge them.

Neji stared at Ino a bit longer, making her frown in worry. "Can I not?"

"No, you can, I was just thinking that'd mean I missed out on the date we had planned." Neji said, shrugging.

Ino's lips formed a thin smile. "Not my fault that you left the village."

"True," Neji looked at the others. "Anybody else? Be quick, I am somewhat busy."

To his surprise, while nobody else from the Konoha Ninjas raised their hands, one of the two prisoners— Jugo, raised his hands.

"Um," he said hesitantly. "I don't know if I am allowed since I am a prisoner and not a Konoha Ninja... but I would like to put an end to myself. I don't wanna hurt any more people."

Jugo was like that, scared of himself as he knew he would always hurt others— he may even think he deserved hell, even though it wasn't his fault at all and was entirely his mental illness.

The jounins looked at Jugo and then at Neji, knowing it all depended on what he wished for. Neji nodded with a smile. "It's possible. I am not doing this by judging karma anyway, as lots of the people currently enjoying a peaceful life under this castle are serial killers." He shrugged and raised his hand. "I will be taking your power though, if you don't mind."

Jugo sounded surprised— and seemingly wanted to warn him about the dangers, but realising he was pretty much talking to a God, Jugo sighed and walked over, allowing Neji to put a hand on his shoulder.