247: Confusion (2)

Chapter 247: Confusion (2)

Obito Uchiha was leaning against the wall while his single eye looked down on the blonde, sleeping boy in front of him.

Though he initially bought Naruto Uzumaki here to make him serve Akatsuki, he now had a decision to make.

Should he kill this kid? Make the Gedo Statue absorb his chakra? Or should he go after one of those Kyuubis in Konoha?

That boy, Neji Hyuga, might have killed the two foxes the same way he killed Shukaku. If that's the case, Naruto's chakra would be the only option left for the completion of the Gedo Statue. But... no, he shouldn't be too sure about the death of those two beasts, he should go visit Konoha once more, and if it turned out that the two foxes were still alive – he should send Nagato and Konan there to retrieve them.

Then again, maybe that wouldn't be a good idea, given what he saw back there – Obito doubted if Nagato would be able to defeat Neji in that white-cat form.

The man in question, Nagato Uzumaki, was sitting in the corner of the room – with Konan beside him – and spoke while looking at Naruto. "Interesting thing. This boy has become the Nine-Tails beast itself, rather than a Jinchuriki. Unlike a Jinchuriki, directly absorbing his Chakra wouldn't kill him, so we can take as much chakra as we need and – as long as we don't take his entire reserves – he will still be fine, in fact he would regenerate his chakra given time. Interesting indeed."

Obito didn't know that. Then again, it would only make sense for Nagato to know more about the Statue than himself, as the other man was the only one who could summon it.

In any case, that worked too. Obito gave the skinny man a nod, his eyes inevitably falling on the apathetic expression of Konan on the side, rendering him to chuckle softly.

"On a side note, you two don't look bothered at all even though you just killed your mentor an hour ago," Obito said in a deep voice, but he got no response from any of them. Amusing. "That is a good reaction."

Jiraiya of the Sannin, the once mentor of Nagato and Konan. He had come spying on them here – in the Land of Rain – and had confronted "Pain" in a battle that he lost and died. Obito made sure that he was indeed dead and a situation like his own wouldn't happen. That body was very deep underwater, where it will be hard to find (let alone recover) even for Obito.

He then looked at Naruto again. Six more tailed beasts. That's how many more they needed to catch to complete the Gedo Statue, starting from the Three-Tails to the Eight-Tails. Now, with the Nine-Tails on his hands, that would be an easy game.

"Place Hiruko on another team," Obito Uchiha said, smirking under his mask. "I will be teaming up with Naruto." He watched him nod before continuing. "Then bring Hiruko's team with yourself and attack Konoha."

Four Akatsuki, along with Hiruko's own subordinates. Obito wanted to see how that Hyuga boy would fare against that.

Yes, finally things were starting to look interesting.

—★—

Tsunade was very pleased with the situation at the hospital. Though the people who died were still dead, the ones who had even an ounce of life left within them were saved. Konoha just survived the attack of two tailed-beasts with the most minimal of casualties.

Her single greatest regret was that... Naruto was dead. Missing too, probably turned into ashes by a tailed beast bomb. Yamato was dead as well, but Naruto's loss in particular made a gap in her happy heart.

...Perhaps it's because she gave him her necklace? Really, that seemed possible. At least even that necklace was gone – that cursed thing.

Sitting in the window of her office, pouring the expensive booze that Neji got her two weeks ago, Tsunade absentmindedly stared at the fountain below the Hokage building.