218: God? (1)

Chapter 218: God? (1)

Neji yawned. It's been three minutes since the battle started. The match between Chiyo and Sasori was bad since Sasori was just playing with the old woman, and additionally even the family drama was bad.

Even Kurai was bored on his shoulders.

"Hey!" He heard Sakura whisper to him, poking him with an elbow. "Can you at least try to look worried?"

Neji deadpanned at her. "I don't see any reason to." He said. "She's a Sand Ninja, and I am from the Leaf. Also, she asked us to not step in herself."

"..." Sakura tried to say something but in the end decided against it. "So you mean you will help her if she allows?"

"Why not?" Neji shrugged. "Though I am certain that you, her arch nemesis' pupil, can convince her."

"..." from the looks of it, she didn't like his sarcastic tone.

Neji laughed and patted her head, even as she glared at him with slightly flushed cheeks. This time around, Sakura didn't have the biggest impression on Chiyo since she first failed to save Kankuro herself, and later made a fool out of herself in front of Itachi. So the old woman didn't trust her enough to meddle in this battle.

"It's fine, I wouldn't let her die at the very least." Neji lied, withdrawing his hand back from her head, only to be pulled by a pouting Hanabi who put his hand on her head.

Hah.

Neji didn't mind.

In any case, he lied to Sakura just now. He wouldn't really mind letting Chiyo die.

Looking at the battle, Chiyo fighting with her life in the line, narrowly avoiding death a few times, Neji noted something weird about himself.

He... felt nothing.

Seeing an elderly trying her best to survive, Neji felt absolutely nothing in his heart. He suspected bringing down a fully civilised planet with a worldwide thunderstorm – that just so happened to kill his (and his girls') friends, classmates, acquaintances, and so many innocents – did succeed in ruining the last bit of his humanity. Ah, fuck.

'...Oh well. It is what it is.' Neji sighed. 'No point in running from the truth, I guess I am a heartless monster now, who only cares about certain people from the opposite gender.'

He was never a hero, but he was never a villain either. Until bringing down the MHA world with his own two hands, that is. He was sure a small part of civilization would have survived even after the nuclear war ended, but he had completely erased that possibility by himself. He guessed he might even get a title like [World Ender] if he were to bring down a few more planets.

'Like this one right here.'

...Neji released a deep sigh.

"...Onii-sama? Is anything wrong?" He heard Hanabi's worried voice, noticing he hadn't been patting her.

He smiled and leaned down, hugging her softly. "No, I just realised something unpleasant. I am fine otherwise."

"Unpleasant?"

"It's nothing."

Sakura eyed him from the side, looking slightly confused yet worried, but Neji didn't heed her.

'No, it doesn't matter.' Neji decided. 'I am here to find my girl and leave. In the meantime, it doesn't matter if I bring down this world too for a bunch of big levels.'

He stood up, patting Hanabi in the back and striding forward. "Granny, stand back. You're going to die."

"Huh? Neji Hyuga, I want everyone out of this-"