312: Kurai's Journey to the West (6)

Chapter 312: Kurai's Journey to the West (6)

Volume 2.5 – Omake 6 [Last]

"...."

"Chu~ Grandfather! Have you come to visit me!"

A squeaky voice announced when Kundras led Kurai and Enma to inside a huge tree that acted as a house for the drakes living there. When Kundras stepped inside through the huge open space within the tree's trunk, a small lizard jumped on his face.

"I missed you! Oh, oh– wait, we have got guests! Hello there, gentle-monkey and beautiful kitten?"

Kurai stared blankly at the... Draco Lizard who had a skin redder than Kundras, as she failed to hide her disappointment.

[Raethiephol – Half Drake – High Tier 6]

This 9-inch-long little thing was the successor of this majestic Drake? Also, why the hell was she a 'Half Drake' whilst Drakes themselves were Lesser versions of another creature?

"Aha, this must be her?" Enma asked.

"Haha, yes. My youngest son had mated with a Lizard, also a sage animal, and from his wife this cute thing was born." Kundras explained. "Hoho, but as you can tell—only the appearance and manner of her is what is cute, her firepower surpasses even my own even as young as she is. If she gathers more chakra, which she will over time, she will overthrow me in no time."

"Indeed, I can see that." Enma reached out a hand and Raethiephol stared at it for a moment before jumping on it. Enma patted her head with a smile. "How old are you?"

"I am six years old!" the Draco Lizard replied excitedly.

Kurai hummed from the side when she heard that, realizing why this little thing was held so high by the others. Kurai fought the Prime Gods at seven years old, so she clearly was superior to any other animal, but that didn't fail her to recognize the worth of others close to her age. Indeed, being Tier 6 in this world at such an age was worth a lot.

"Huh, so you are nearly as old as Kurai here." Enma turned to shoot a look at Kurai. "Except you have much better manners."

Kurai flinched. "W-what? I am respectful when it's needed! Why should I, a God, be respectful to just anyone."

"Ah, you shouldn't say such things, frien–" the little lizard, Raethiephol started, but Kuria shot a glare with her golden eyes.

"Friend?? Who is your friend? Call me My Lord–"

"She is somewhat shy. She means to say, you don't have to call her 'friend', big sister works too." Enma interrupted Kurai. "Hope you two get along while you are here, maybe some of your good manners will get rubbed off on her."

"Ak! Enma, what do you think you are–" Kurai started, but Enma's tail just struck down on her head to shut her up. "...."

"Yelling for no reason is no good, be mindful of your mouth."

"...."

Kurai's body shook, but she held it in, realizing a fight here is a fight she will lose since attacking Enma will instantly turn this entire area into enemy territory.

"...Tch." Kurai grunted and looked away.

"Hah," Enma sighed on the side.

Before awkward silence was about to fall in the room, another voice slipped into the conversation.

"Oh my, what a gorgeous cat." a humane, feminine voice said as a girl walked towards the gate where everyone was gathered. "You look like the wanted cat in my area... What was her name... companion of a missing-nin... Aha, Kurai!"