301: I am done here (1)

Wish to read chapters ahead of here? Visit my Patreøn.

Link: Patreøn.com/Master4thWall

Chapter 301: I am done here (1)

Neji's mission in this world, along with his persona of Neji Hyuga, was done by now.

At the end of it all, he earned 1710 Levels in the last two months along with the countless Skills, Divinities, and Gnome Abilities that came along with those levels. He levelled up to Level 2000 from Level 290.

The one thing he was regretful about was not getting a Special Tier Potion from Naruto's death. Naruto lost his status as the Main Character the first time he died at Lady Nagant's hands. Though Naruto's luck seemed to shine even after that, due to Hagoromo's intervention, the world didn't recognize him as its Champion any longer.

The world hadn't chosen a new main character either, as far as Neji was aware. To his knowledge, the World's Will chose its main character in advance even before the current one 'expired'. If Neji had to bet, he would say Konohamaru Sarutobi was the substitute Main Character for this world. But since Konoha was destroyed by Pain and Konohamaru died there, the world didn't have any champion currently.

'It'd possibly choose someone soon...'

Neji noted just as characters from Boruto started to appear in his mind. He had never got to finish the show, so he didn't know all the characters, but he could make some guesses.

'Kawaki? Is Kawaki born yet? No, it's too early, he shouldn't even be born yet.'

'...Ah, perhaps that cyborg girl then? Ada, her name was. It's possible that she was experimented on already at this point in the timeline. If not, she'd never become that relevant since Isshiki is dead already.'

Soon, Neji shook his head.

Whatever the case, the current biggest problem was dealt with. Madara was gone, the 4th Great Ninja War had ended, and Neji managed to reunite with his lost girl.

Future problems were for the future. No matter if the said problems were MCs or the villainous Ōtsutsukis who would appear later on.

For now, he had to leave. To find Kimi, first of all.

* * *

"Wait, I need to find Black Zetsu first."

Rumi said when Neji proposed to her to leave.

"Ah, right..." Neji trailed off. "Speaking of that, is it a part of you or a part of Kaguya?"

"I thought it was a part of Kaguya at first," Rumi said. "But when I met it face to face a while ago, I knew right away that it's a part of me and myself. Y'know, I did replace Kaguya's existence, and since the Black Zetsu is an extension of Kaguya's will itself, I naturally replaced it too with my own will."

"Aha, I see how it is."

"Where is that thing right now? Let me find it."

"I already did," Neji said. "When I was searching for Isshiki with my clones, I found it somewhere in the Land of Lightning."

"Mhm. Take me there."

Neji grabbed her hand and then opened a rift in space, before jumping into it with Rumi.

—-

When Neji and Rumi came out of the rift, they were already facing the creature made of black goo.