300: Interlude - Kimi's Perfect Run (3)

Chapter 300

Title: Interlude — Kimi's Perfect Run (3)

[Chapter Cover Picture]

It was a dazzling sunny morning in the season of spring. As far as eyes could stretch, it was green everywhere, excluding this small lake located in the middle of the forest where Kimi Sugihara was currently in.

Kimi was wearing purple sleepwear while observing the morning, sitting beside the window of a small wooden house that was located beside a beautiful lake. She watched the scenery outside, where birds chirped to themselves, and a gentle wind blew from the west.

Slowly, Kimi sipped green tea from a cup made of hardened mud.

This scenery outside was unfamiliar to her, as she was more used to seeing cherry blossoms in spring, rather than this absolute peaceful green. However, that was to be expected since this wasn't Japan she was currently in; rather, a small country located in the Indian Subcontinent, the country of greens that was Bangladesh.

["Save me... young master."] A deep yet feminine voice sounded out in Kimi's head, attempting to copy her own voice, making her frown in annoyance. ["You know, when you said that line six months ago I thought you'd actually break. But here you are, sipping tea peacefully in a country where nobody would come to find you."]

As the Red Dragon Emperor, Draig, explained her thoughts in Kimi's head, Kimi smiled a little and blew a breath outwards the window, causing a puff of mist to leave her lips.

"I suppose." Kimi said, "That's what I thought too, at first."

Draig listened in silence, as Kimi took a slow sip and talked her mind.

"But I have grown out of my meek and shy self, you know? I think the first step to that was when I first visited the 'Dungeon'." Kimi explained. "In the past, I got pushed around a lot and didn't have the courage or need to fight back. So as a coping mechanism, I started enjoying that process. But now that's not the case anymore, you know? I changed, because he wanted me to."

A short silence later, Kimi explained further.

"I think time flows differently in each universe, so even though I have spent the last six months locked here, for the young master it may have been a day, or even a minute." Kimi theorised. "So I cannot leave my fate in his hands, even though I trust him, moreover when I have a job of my own to do. I am going to find them manually, by travelling to each universe they ended up in."

Kimi finished her tea and threw it out of the window, just as a blue portal opened in space and the cup vanished within it.

"I am the first 'wife'/'girl'/'harem member'/or whatever you wanna call it, that the young master made love with. So he naturally trusts me the most, and therefore handed me over with such an important mission. It falls upon me to find my juniors just as the young master told me to do." Kimi admitted. "I cannot stay meek and fearful, while he trusted me with such an important job."