283: Selling-&-Buying (*)

Chapter 283: Selling-&-Buying (*)

Kurenai was smiling softly for hours at this point, yet she wasn't tired of it.

Seeing her daughter laughing so cheerfully, she felt happy. Momentarily, she had forgotten about the ordeal with Asuma.

Kurenai had been sitting in one corner of the playground all this time while Neji was playing with Mirai. It was surprising how close they got– no, maybe it was more surprising that a person like Neji didn't mind babysitting.

Mirai fell asleep at one point, clearly tired. But even as she slept, she was still smiling. She was happy, which in turn made Kurenai very happy.

"Thank you," Kurenai gave Neji a grateful nod as she received her daughter from his arms. "Even if you can be in multiple places at the same time, you had no real reason to do this. Yet you did. Thanks for that."

Neji smiled back.

"No need for that. I actually don't like kids, but as you saw Mirai is likeable even by me. Playing with an innocent child is quite refreshing too." Neji paused. "...Different from the things I usually do."

"Oh, I bet." Kurenai giggled at his implication.

Soon they walked away from the playground, together, and started to roam around the garden outside.

"So does it get old? Getting... laid, I mean. With so many girls, no less."

Even in this 'welcoming party' –as dubbed by some of the girls– that Neji are holding tonight, Kurenai was sure there would be to of sex.

"Interesting question." Neji sighed. "For now, no it hasn't gotten old yet."

"Ooh, I see."

"Though if I had to admit, I did go somewhat overboard in this world. In my previous world, I did play around a bit, but very few were serious. Though in my defence, my goal this time was to make a cult."

"Mmh, is that so?" Kurenai tilted her head. "'Cult', you said.'

Then she hesitated for a moment before saying softly.

"Does that mean you don't see the girls in this place like the five girls you talked about? You said they were basically your family, does that mean you don't see these cultist girls as your family?"

Neji's lips twitched.

Kurenai feared for a moment if she had offended him or not, but he spoke before she could apologise.

"If you asked the same question a week ago, the answer would have been 'no'. It's hard to see so many people as my family in this short amount of time. As I said that day, I have only been here for three weeks."

"That's true..."

"But recently... I got this new power which kind of 'forces' me to see the girls in my 'harem' in a more caring light." Neji said. "In short, yes– I do see them as my family."

Though Kurenai got the impression that these cultist girls weren't as important to him as the five otherworlder girls– she understood the point he made. This also was his family. A secondary one, sure, but a family nonetheless.

Still, a power that forced a person of his stature? The universe sure was huge.

Kurenai hummed to herself after that and both of them kept walking through the garden in comfortable silence under the moonlight of this sweet night. Kurenai made some small chat, asking if the moon in the sky was real or not, to which she learned it was just an illusion.