281: Unfair (2)

Chapter 281: Unfair (2)

Later that night, the girls– excluding Hinata– were gathered around to listen to the next step of Neji's plans.

Under the dark, dim lights, they all sat on the clean floor beside each other and watched Neji speak. Even Kurenai was present now, though it seemed she only came out of her room because of Mirai.

"The Raikage has called out all the Kages for the Five Kage Summit— a gathering for all the Kages, some of you may have heard about it." Neji said while looking at everyone. "If my prediction is correct, which I think should be the case– then the orange mask-wearing guy will appear in the Summit. Possibly accompanied by Naruto Uzumaki and Sasuke Uchiha. I believe they will announce the Fourth Great Ninja War upon the entire world."

The girls had various reactions to that information, but none were too extreme. After all, the person they were following– Neji– also planned to do the same.

"Technically, they would say the same stuff I want to say to the Kages, but I still want to go there and declare war from my side as well."

"I will only be taking Tsunade with me, to somewhat intimidate them. Make them understand that a former Kage is by my side."

Neji knew there wasn't any real reason to intimidate like this at this point, given that he had defeated them all by himself with threatening ease before. But at least it would be funny to see their reaction.

"Question," Temari raised her hand. "What about Naruto and Sasuke? That masked man, too. Do you wanna kill them? Or..." she trailed off.

Neji shook his head. "I would have killed them earlier, when I went out with Hinata, if I really wanted to. So, no, I wouldn't do that."

"Ooh..."

"I will kill them at the end of the war. Until then, they're rather useful to us. They're doing the jobs that would have fallen on my shoulders otherwise. That's why there is no point in killing them yet."

When Neji said that, the expressions of Sakura, Ino, and Karin shifted. Sakura's face changed because of Naruto, not Sasuke. She had heard about what happened to Hinata, but since she hadn't seen it with her own eyes she didn't fully understand that Naruto wasn't Naruto anymore. The other two girls, however, were clearly worried about Sasuke.

Ino's face calmed soon, she had no actual connection with Sasuke after all. But Karin kept frowning.

'...This Karin is pretty idiotic.' Neji concluded in his head. 'Oh well.'

No other people looked hesitant at his words. Tsunade had seen Naruto's change with her own eyes, so she didn't have any reason to protest, though she did look sad at the realisation that the Naruto that was breathing right now wasn't the same one she knew.

"Alright, any other question?" Neji asked but nobody raised their hands. "If not, then let's end the meeting here. I don't quite like this seriousness."

He clapped his hands once and the dark, gloomy lights around the room snapped back to colourful ones. A sweet fragrance filled the air and soft music entered everyone's ears.

"Ah..."

"Haah, it's finally over."

"What was the point of the dramatic atmosphere, by the way?"

All the girls released a relieved sigh and Tenten asked Neji a question. Neji didn't answer and just crashed on the couch.

"Guys, any suggestions on what to do tonight? Something entertaining. The Summit is tomorrow, we can laze around a bit for tonight.." Neji asked, curious at what his girls found entertaining.