311: Kurai's Journey to the West (5)

Chapter 311: Kurai's Journey to the West (5)

Volume 2.5 – Omake 5

This country, and possibly most others in this continent, wasn't as large as the Elemental Nations that Enma and Kurai knew of.

Kurai wasn't surprised by this discovery. After all, she had lived in a world where modern weaponries were common—and therefore knew such things when mixed with the wicked mindset of humans, division amongst people was unavoidable; so multiple countries in a small radius wouldn't be a surprise to her.

While chattering on these useless manners, Kurai and Enma traveled on their Nimbus Cloud towards the southernmost part of this country—where Drakes were reportedly present for everyone to see.

Drakes, also known as Lesser Dragons whom Kurai had fought before in the countless dungeons she and her Papa had raided. Personally, she would say calling them 'Lesser Dragon' was an insult to the Dragon Race entirely, as she was familiar with a Dragon herself—three actually, if she counted Nejire and Ryuko too.

Enma broke out laughing when she shared her thoughts on this name.

"Is that so? Your father is a dragon? Let's make sure we are talking about the same thing; the dragon you are talking about is those serpentine creatures who roam over the clouds. Right?" Enma asked, seeing her shake her head. "That's what I thought—"

"Those are eastern dragons. My Papa is a western dragon. The two are different as one is a snake's final evolution and another is a lizard's final evolution. Lesser Dragons, the ones I am talking about, are the ones who are more lizard-like than serpentine, am I correct?"

"Huh... Yes, indeed, that's a Drake. I didn't know this. So there are two types of Dragon..." Enma muttered under his breath before slowly shaking his head. "It seems you know more things than me in some certain fields, haha, good going little cat."

Kurai looked proud, enough that she decided to let the 'little' part slip this time. "Anyway, we are close I think."

"You are right to think that, I do sense thicker chakra around the parts ahead of us." Enma nodded. "We are here."

Just ahead of them, the lair of mini dragons rested as thick fiery nature chakra was dense around the area.

"Let's g—"

Kurai was about to speak, just as she vanished in thin air—leaving a confused Enma.

* * *

Kurai returned later, and explained to Enma what had happened earlier—that her Papa had called her for some help with souls, and that she had to meet with another God named Jashin in that situation.

"Whatever, let's get going." Kurai said as she nudged Enma to continue going, and Enma agreed to do so with a soft shrug.

—-

Since the hot dog shopkeeper didn't strongly suggest not visiting this area, it meant that it was fairly safe until some point. That point was probably here, where the human villages ceased to exist.

Beyond this point, as the two animals traveled, no human civilization existed and rather a thick fiery aura was dancing in the air.

Enma, with his Sage senses, could feel multiple strong lifeforms living close by in the few mountains that were spread across the area. However he couldn't be sure where his friend, if alive, was located. So, he decided to call for him first.

Pausing the Nimbus Cloud in the air, in a pot that was surrounded by four mountains, Enma took in a deep breath before he shouted a name.

"Kundras!" A boom left his lips that shook the trees in the far. "Fire Drake, Kundras! I Enma, the Monkey King, have come to visit you!"