Worry

A four-year-old with (H/l) (H/s) (H/c) locks could be seen messing around in the sand while water splashed against the child's feet.

Hydro slimes were thankfully nowhere to be seen due to them being wiped out an hour prior.

"Mmh hmph!" The child, (Y/n), humphed out while patting his 'sandcastle' into the sand where it first came from.

"My little firefly, where are you?" A familiar voice called out.

(Y/n) perked his head up and turned to look in the direction of where his mother and two – no three guests came walking over.

Blinking, the boy got up onto his feet with no trouble at all and quickly hid behind his mother.

(M/n) laughed softly at her child's shyness despite knowing how he was usually a spitball of fire with unstoppable energy.

A man with long red hair greeted the young child with a warm smile. "Hello there, I'm Crepus Ragnvindr." Crepus greeted warmly.

(Y/n) blinked at the three strangers in silence, not knowing if he should trust them or not.

Crepus saw the unsureness that swept onto the child's face and chuckled. "These two are my sons, Diluc and Kaeya."

Diluc smiled brightly while Kaeya just nodded his head in a small greeting.

"Mhm," (Y/n) mumbled into his mother's long skirt.

"Go on, introduce yourself." (M/n) lightly urged, pushing her child in front of her.

(Y/n) stumbled a bit before standing in front of the two slightly older children in front of him.

Kaeya and Diluc gazed down at the four-year-old with a questioning look despite realizing how the (H/c)ette was going to be a pretty boy in the future.

"(Y/n)..." The child mumbled out loud enough for the two slightly older kids Crepus to hear.

Crepus gave a fatherly smile. "It's nice to meet you, (Y/n)." He replied.

(Y/n) turned his head away as his ears flushed due to the embarrassment he felt around the three strangers.

"How about you three play by the sand while Ms. (L/n) and I talk over there?" Crepus asked while nudging his head in the direction of a tall tree that wasn't far from the sand.

"Yes, father," Diluc replied with a smile of .

Kaeya just gave a quiet nod.

"Okay," (Y/n) whispered with a slight nod of his head before turning away and heading off towards the sand.

Kaeya followed after the (H/c)ette quietly while Diluc kept up to speed with the young child.

Once the kids were at the sand area, Crepus turned toward the woman with a stern look.

"Now why did you call me here, (M/n)?" He asked with a raised brow while keeping his eyes on the kids.

(M/n) sighed heavily and looked over at her son with a saddened gaze. "It's about the Fatui," she states.

Crepus' eyes widened a bit when he heard that. "What? What do you mean?" He asked sharply.

(M/n) rubbed her hands together as she breathed in and out with a shaky breath. "They know about (Y/n). Someone leaked highly private information about him being part Khaenri'ah and elf," she answered back.

Crepus frowned heavily as he took in this information. Just who the hell would've been smart enough to leak that information?

"What are you going to have to do?" He asked calmly, concerned for the single mother in front of him. They were like brother and sister, after all.

"We'll likely have to move, we've dwelled near Mondstadt for way too long." (M/n) answered, glancing up at the man beside her.

"Is there any way for you two to stay at the Winery?" Crepus asked.

(M/n) shook her head. "No... sorry, Crepus. I just don't want to bring you or your kids into the middle of this," she whispered.

"But what about your son? You're bringing them in the middle of this!" Crepus exclaimed quietly, not wanting to scare the kids that could overhear their discussion.

(M/n) wrapped her arms across her chest and clenched at her forearms. "I know I am, Crepus. I've been keeping my child safe this whole time despite him being wanted by the Fatui due to his origin," she hissed out.

Crepus lowered his shoulders, his ruby red hues gazing over at (Y/n)'s figure who was forcing Diluc to play in the sand with him and Kaeya.

"Where do you plan on living?" Crepus muttered with a raised brow.

"Our neighboring nation, Liyue. I would never move to Inazuma," (M/n) answered softly.

Crepus shook his head. "You're making a stupid decision, (M/n). You and your son have a lot of people that are willing to protect you both, but you just won't allow it."

(M/n) gave a slight scowl, "I've been independent my whole life with little to no help. I know that I have people who care for both me and my son, but that doesn't mean I should pull them into the middle of it."

Before Crepus could say anything else, he heard footsteps presenting themselves to them.

"Look!" (Y/n) voice chirped while holding out two flowers.

A flaming orange flower and an icy blue flower could be seen in the child's hands.

Crepus gave a knowing look to his kids, biting back a chuckle at their embarrassed faces.

(M/n) watched Crepus quietly crouch down in front of the kids while introducing the two flowers to (Y/n) who had wide (E/c) eyes of pure interest.

Releasing a heavy sigh, she gave an annoyed look toward the man beside her. "One month," she firmly states.

Crepus gazed at the woman for a few seconds before smiling and nodding his head at the answer.

At least he was at least able to get (M/n) to rethink a bit.

"Looks like you and your mother are staying with us for a little while," Crepus states while looking at the (H/c)ette.

(Y/n)'s eyes sparkled a bit. "Huh?"

Kaeya and Diluc gave a confused look at their father but didn't say anything.

Whatever the adults were chattering about, it was about (Y/n) due to how (M/n) kept a stern gaze on her child the entire time.

Did they have to worry? Maybe.

But they knew that their father had it all handled.

"Looks like you're staying with us, (Y/n)." Diluc points out.

"Seems like it," (Y/n) replied.

The parents stared at their children with a slight smile on their lips.

Even if it was going to be just for a month, they were going to be great friends within such a short time.