Chapter VII: Act XX

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗
Proof of Guilt
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

A tanuki-like toy could be seen chilling out in the open, surrounded by many trees as (Y/n), Yae Miko, (F/n), Aether, and Paimon went over to it.

A squeak escaped Paimon's lips as she watched the toy turn into a female. "Ah! That toy tanuki just turned into a human! What's going on, Paimon's never seen one of these before!" She exclaimed in surprise.

Yawning, the female looked at the figures before her. "Not a tanuki... I'm a mujina..." She mumbled out with a quiet snore, "I'm so tired... if I don't get enough sleep... it'll stunt my growth..."

Paimon glanced at Yae Miko. "Um, is this the "professional" you were talking about?" Paimon asked.

Yae Miko chuckled. "Hehe... She is a member of the Shuumatsuban, a genuine, bona-fide ninja," she answered.

(F/n)'s eyes sparkled. "Ninja!" They repeated as imaginary flowers surrounded them.

"Oh gosh," (Y/n) sighed.

"Wow, a ninja! So was that one of those legendary ninja transformation techniques? Anyway, what's the Shuumatsuban?" Paimon asked.

Before Yae Miko could say something, (F/n) shot their hand up in the air.

"Ooh! Ooh! Can I explain this? Please?" (F/n) asked in excitement, their ears perking up.

Yae Miko smiled and nodded her head at the young feline.

(F/n) grinned, placing their hands on their hips. "The Shuumatsuban belongs to the Yashiro Commission. This unit is known to be secret and is run under by the one and only... Kamisato Ayato!" They explained, a single sharp canine tooth poking out as they smiled brightly.

Yae Miko softly giggled. "Of course, you would know. Now, Kamisato Ayato and the Yashiro Commission are neutral parties, so I have no right to give orders to the Shuumatsuban. However, convincing their most chronically lazy member to help us is well within my abilities. Here's what I need you to do: Go into town and find evidence of the Tenryou Commission's betrayal," she retorted.

"You make it sound so simple, but..." Paimon trailed off.

"What exactly is the evidence?" Aether asked.

Yae Miko raised a brow before giving a close-eyed smile at the group before her. "Hmm? Oh, I thought you would have figured it out by now. Alright then, I'll indulge you with a little more information. For a complete outsider, probing the inner workings of the Tenryou Commission is nigh on impossible. But since the three Commissions work together to serve the Shogun, they have a close relationship. Someone from one of the other Commissions might have an easier job of figuring out what they're up to..." She answered.

"The Yashiro Commission!" Aether exclaimed in realization.

"Hehe... Now you're following me. The Shogun's Army hasn't given up on their search for you yet, but with the help of this Shuumatsuban ninja, I'm sure you'll be able to rendezvous with your friends. Don't forget we're on a tight schedule here. Be sure to bring back the evidence in good time," Yae Miko smiled.

✧˖*°࿐

"Housewife? Housewife, are you here?" (F/n) called out as they skipped right into the Teahouse.

"Thoma! Thoma, you there? It's us, we're back!" Paimon called out as well.

"In here!" Thoma's voice piped up from somewhere in the back.

"C'mon!" Paimon exclaimed as she grabbed onto (F/n)'s hand – who was giving Taroumaru many deserved pets – and dragged them to where she heard Thoma's voice.