Chapter VII: Act XII

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗
Gaining the Upper Hand
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

Sara drifted her fingers upon her bow as she pulled back an arrow, allowing it to be charged up with the vision of Electro.

A low hum left her lips as she released the arrow from her grasp, allowing it to rush past multiple soldiers before finally hitting a resistance soldier in the back.

Gorou humphed lowly as he attacked the soldiers that surrounded both him and the resistance, wanting to try and lower the other group's numbers.

Quickly, he jumped onto a soldier's chest and launched himself backward with a spin.

Landing in a crouch, Gorou pinned his ears back as he growled.

Sara's soldiers were taking down resistance soldiers one by one as the clouds thundered above them.

Two resistance soldiers tried their best to hold off a soldier from Sara's side but failed as they went flying backward.

This said soldier kept swinging his blade and taking out as many resistance soldiers as he could.

Aether and Paimon looked at the fighting soldiers with wide eyes.

Sara took notice of the said duo being in the middle and decided to take action. "Now!" She ordered.

"Chaaaarge!!!" The remaining soldiers hollered, running into battle.

Back and forth, both sides fought against each other, wanting to win it.

Grunts and groans were heard throughout the battlefield as blades clanged up against each other.

Gorou released two arrows into battle as he looked around him. "Stand firm, hold the line!" He ordered before settling a charged attack into the battle.

Rain started to trickle down from the sky, allowing bubbles made out of the water to manifest from the sand below the fighting soldiers' feet.

Kokomi floated down from above, introducing her appearance in the middle of battle.

Gorou slid into a battle-ready attack and took notice of her. "Her Excellency!" He exclaimed in relief.

Sara looked over, taking notice of the Hydro user.

Kokomi hummed lightly.

Every soldier gripped onto their polearms, standing steady by the female that showed herself.

"The wait is over my comrades. Now is our moment!" Kokomi declared.

Battle cries left the resistance's lips as they ran forward.

"Heh, calm as the breeze, my lady." Kazuha chuckled softly as he joined in.

"Chaaaarge!!"

"I just hope you can afford all these mercs you've gathered!" Beidou shouted.

"Evil conquering!" Xiao's voice echoed over the rain.

"Sorry, we're late!" A feline shouted as icicles appeared in the sky, taking form into a gigantic size.

"Pressuring death is quite a weird thing, isn't it?" Tomo's voice questioned as he attacked a nearby soldier from Sara's side.

Aether's eyes widened as he heard the next voice.

"Damn it, (F/n). Untold foretell, bring forth the depth of thought," (Y/n)'s voice said.

"Sorry! Separate and foretell the freezing prison!" (F/n) shouted, as they released their burst from the sky.

The once gigantic-sized icicles multiplied even into smaller ones and formed themselves into thousands of arrows made out of ice.

Instantly, those said arrows allowed gravity to pursue as they went striking down at any enemy in sight.

Gorou took notice of Kazuha and gave a look of surprise. "Kazuha!"

"We meet again, old friend," Kazuha chuckled.

Gorou smiled brightly and nodded his head in agreement.

Vines thrust themselves out from the ground, and swiped Sara's soldiers off of their feet, sending them flying in different directions.

Due to the extra help, the resistance was able to gain the upper hand.

More resistance soldiers came running into battle, hollering and shouting.

"Retreat!" A soldier from Sara's side shouted.

Sara released multiple arrows before stopping a charged one. "Tch... All forces, retreat!" She ordered.

The resistance watched as Sara and her soldiers retreated to back where they once came from.

Kokomi came walking over to Beidou, Aether, Paimon, Teppei, and Gorou, with (F/n) and (Y/n) behind her.

"Greetings, Aether. This is the first time we've met, please allow me to introduce myself. I am Sangonomiya Kokomi, organizer of the resistance, and also the Divine Priestess of Watatsumi Island. Perhaps it's the first time you're hearing that title... To put it simply, I'm the person currently in charge of Watatsumi Island, which is also the home front of the resistance. I've actually heard all about you from Beidou, Kazuha, (Y/n), and (F/n). I hadn't expected to find you'd joined the resistance, though. Do you have a plan beyond this point?" Kokomi explained.

Aether glanced over at the (H/c)ette for a quick second; not knowing what to say, he shook his head. "Not immediate plans," he replied.

Kokomi hummed softly. "Mm... in that case, shall we continue our conversation at the shrine of Sangonomiya? Although the Shogun's Army has retreated, for now, the war is far from over. The Vision Hunt Decree has not been repealed, and neither the Tenryou Commission nor the Raiden Shogun show any sign of stopping... In short, our problems have yet to be resolved. I suggest we move to the shrine to discuss our counter-plan. What say you?"

Aether hummed lightly, before nodding his head in agreement. "Sure," he replied.

"Um... Can I come, too? I know Watatsumi Island very well. I can carry on being your guide if you'd like," Teppei piped up.

Aether turned his attention to the brunette beside him, before giving a sound of agreement. "Of course, you can come."

Kokomi glanced at Gorou with a gentle smile on her lips. "Gorou, thank you for all you have done. Our forces are weaker than the Shogun's Army, and my absence can only have made the recent days all the more trying for you. I'm afraid I must still ask you to stay a while longer, to keep eyes on the Shogun's Army and also to see to the wounded. Mm... But I will ask the mercenaries to remain stationed here, and Kazuha is here too. Hopefully, this will serve to reduce the pressure you are under."

Kokomi then glanced at Aether, Paimon, (F/n), and (Y/n). "...I must return to Sangonomiya now, I have a few things to attend to... Once you're ready, Aether, please rendezvous with Teppei. He will escort you there. Thank you for all your efforts so far. From this day on, I fight alongside you. Fight... for the future of Inazuma."

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗

╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝