Chapter VI: Act XIX

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗
The Floating Chamber
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

"Look, up there! That's the Jade Chamber," Paimon exclaimed in awe.

"That's pretty high up," Aether points out.

Paimon turned toward the two males behind her. "Hmm... Uhh... Ah, this is bad... Paimon's supposed to be your guide, but Paimon doesn't know where the way up to the Jade Chamber is..." She said in disappointment.

"We should have asked that emissary, Ganyu," Aether sighed.

"Ugh... Well, since we want to go to the Jade Chamber, heading to its location on the map is the sensible thing to do! Let's look around. There has to be a way up there nearby!" Paimon chirped.

(Y/n) sweatdropped at the two but shrugged it off as he went over to a short mechanism that looked like a four-leaf clover.

Paimon took notice of where (Y/n) was heading and brightened up. "Hey, look! There's some sort of mechanism thingy! Since this is the right place, it must have something to do with the Jade Chamber."

"It looks like some sort of trap," Aether mumbled.

Paimon didn't seem to hear what Aether said as she turned to look at him. "Yes, this must be the way!"

"Um, I wouldn't–" (Y/n) stopped talking as he watched Aether use anemo on the four-leaf clover before flying upward.

"Go up there..." He finished with a sigh of disappointment.

"Huh? It only takes us up to here... Aw, if that wind current was stronger, we'd be able to reach the top in one go!" Paimon pouted angrily.

"Best we go back to Liyue and ask the Millelith..." Aether replied.

"Huh? Why?" Paimon asked, confused.

"The way up shouldn't be a secret, or..." Aether trailed off.

"Or...? Oh, Paimon gets it! If it was a secret, Ganyu wouldn't have let us try to find it ourselves, right? Alright, let's follow your plan, then we can..." Paimon trailed off as she looked downward. "Oh! Hang on a moment. Look down there! Looks like we've gotten close to the Guizhong Ballista. Hmm... Uh... Paimon has a new idea! Why don't we shoot you up to the Jade Chamber using the Ballista?" Paimon questioned.

Aether sweatdropped. "No thanks. I don't have a death wish," he retorted.

Paimon gave a nod of understanding. "Oh... Right. This method does seem a bit unsafe..." She agreed.

"Still, I do remember that the Ballista had a scope," Aether remembered.

"Now that you mention it, we could use the Guizhong Ballista to see if there's another way up nearby!" Paimon replied.

"Or... we can just go find Ganyu and ask her," (Y/n) piped up but was ignored.

✧˖*°࿐

"Halt! Who trespasses on these hallowed grounds?" A Millelith asked.

"Hallowed what now? These are the wilds around Mt. Tianheng..." Aether repeated.

"Exactly. What're you talking about? We're invited guests! What makes you think you can treat us like this?" Paimon rudely asked before turning towards Aether and (Y/n), "No... Wait... Maybe this was Ningguang's plan all along! She pretended to invite us to the Jade Chamber, but set up a Millelith ambush here to arrest us!" She exclaimed.

(Y/n) facepalmed at what he was hearing right now and released a heavy sigh from his lips.

"I'm quite sure that's the not case," Aether replied.