Chapter VI: Act XIV

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗
Madame Ping
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

"All things must change..." An elderly voice trailed off as Aether, Paimon, and (Y/n) made their way over to an elderly woman looking at a flower.

"Are you alright?" Aether asked, worried for the woman.

The elderly, Madame Ping, turned to look at those that came up to her.

"It's nothing, it's nothing. I just thought it a great shame that so many of these glaze lilies have wilted," Madame Ping reassured.

"What happened to them?" Paimon worriedly asked.

(Y/n) walked over to the wooden bench and casually sat down on it, pressing his chin to the palm of his hand.

"Back in my day, people said that glaze lilies can read human hearts. If they heard beautiful sounds like laughter and singing, they would also bloom joyfully. But if they heard too much wild gossip or slander, they would quickly wither away," Madame Ping explained.

"...So that means these flowers feel what's happening in Liyue," Paimon simplified.

Madame Ping nodded her head. "Yes, the rumors of Rex Lapis' death are no small matter. They are everywhere. Some day it was a Fatui plot. Others say that the Qixing made it all up, and still, others think that That Which Lies in the Deep is breaking free. This harbor is like a mountain of dry tinder. One spark and the fire will consume us all. Well, I shall say no more. This old woman's grown too old and naggy... Did you have something to say, youngsters?" She asked.

"We'd like to borrow the Cleansing Bell," Aether answered.

Madame Ping gave a look of understanding. "Ah, that old trinket... I remember it being here with me, but I've grown old. I can't quite recall where it is exactly. An old friend of mine used to wear it on his person, back when I was young... He saw me gazing at it often and gave it to me. But he told me then that if someone should come and borrow that bell, I should not be loath to part with it. It has been many years, and who knows how many times someone has come to borrow this bell. Still, though I can't recall when it started, it's been a long time since anyone has come to borrow it. Ah, these old bones are so slow to look for things. I doubt you can wait that long..." She sighed.

"We can look for it ourselves," Aether reassured.

"Alright, children, there is no need to worry. I didn't place the bell very far away," Madame Ping states.

Paimon gave a confused look. "Eh? Do you live near her, granny? Whoa, but this is Yujing Terrace. It's gotta be expensive!" She exclaimed.

Madame Ping laughed. "Haha, an old lady like me can't afford to buy a place in this city. See this ceramic teapot? My entire household is in there," she retorted.

"What!? There's no way Paimon would fit in there! And why do you need Paimon to go in, anyway? Can't you just lift the lid and look inside?" Paimon exclaimed in horror.

"Hohoho, youngsters. I simply mean that the bell is somewhere inside this teapot, and you are quite welcome to borrow it – if you can find it," Madame Ping teased.

Aether turned towards the ceramic teapot and placed a hand right onto it.

(Y/n) leaned back as he watched both Aether and Paimon get swallowed up by the teapot.

"Man, I thought I would never get to see that teapot again." He chuckled nervously.

Madame Ping gave a teasing smile as she looked at the (H/c)ette who stayed behind.

"Oh? Did you decide to stay back? What about your friends?" She asked, raising a brow.

(Y/n) shrugged. "They can handle it," he answered.

Madame Ping laughed softly. "I can tell you haven't been going full out. Why is that?" She questioned.

(Y/n) clenched his hands into a fist. "I just... don't want to hurt 'em," he mumbled.

The elderly woman gave an understanding look and nodded her head before turning her attention to the ceramic teapot.

"I hope they're having fun there," she mused.

"...Probably not," (Y/n) retorted.

Madame Ping just laughed softly.

✧˖*°࿐

"Ehh? Where are we? What... just happened?" Paimon asked in confusion as she took in her surroundings before noticing the bridge that Aether was walking on.

Aether manifested his blade and struck down the spiderweb and its perpetrator instantly, allowing the duo to head deeper in.

"Youngsters, this is where this old woman keeps all her things. Quickly now, go fetch that bell," Madame Ping's voice rang out from nowhere.

"Whoa! That sounds like granny's voice. So... this is her teapot?" Paimon asked in awe.

Aether took notice of the multiple slimes ahead and sweatdropped at the small grouping of them.

"What's going on..." Paimon pouted.

"Oh dear, so many cobwebs. It seems I really haven't cleaned it in a long while," Madame Ping's voice rang once more.

✧˖*°࿐

"You don't have to mess with them, Grams," (Y/n) deadpanned, noticing the spark of mischief in Madame Ping's eyes.

"Ohohoh," Madame Ping laughed.

(Y/n) shook his head in disappointment and gazed at the elderly woman with a blank expression.

Madame Ping then turned to the (H/c)ette. "Have you seen Xingqiu and Chongyun yet?" She asked with a questioning look.

(Y/n) shook his head. "Not yet, why?" He questioned.

Madame Ping smiled. "Well, you should once everything is calmed down. I'm pretty sure both of them missed you very much," she replied.

(Y/n) pressed a finger to his lips with a questioning look. "They're about seventeen now, aren't they?" He mumbled.

Madame Ping hummed lightly. "I remember when you kept kidnapping those two boys from their responsibilities. It was fun seeing the three of you running around and being chased in the city, just for the three of you to end up fast asleep near the statue, sleeping soundly underneath a nearby tree."

(Y/n) blinked, feeling the flush of embarrassment creeping up his cheeks.

Of course, he would remember that. It got the three of them in trouble, a lot.

The sound of the ceramic teapot opening captured the duo's attention and watched as both Paimon and Aether made their appearance once more.

Madame Ping gave a warm welcoming smile as she greeted them.

"Ho-ho, in and out in no time... You youngsters really are quick," Madame Ping hummed.

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗

╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝