Chapter VI: Act XV

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗
A Bell
and
Surprised Reunion Kisses
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

"Are you an adeptus, ma'am?" Aether asked, tilting his head to the side a little.

"An adeptus... I haven't heard anyone say those words in earnest for a long time. As to whether I am one or not, child, surely you already understand?" Madame Ping hummed.

"Ugh... Paimon kinda knows what you mean, but is also kinda confused. Are you really giving us the bell just like that Granny? Don't you think it's weird? Something's just happened to Rex Lapis, and then we come running up asking for it..." Paimon trailed off.

Madame Ping shook her head. "Oh, don't be silly. Liyue Harbor has been through a great deal in its history. In that time, it has seen the departure of countless adepti. But no matter what, we have always performed the Rite of Parting first before any other matters," she states.

"To cry "catch the murderer" at the top of someone's lungs, but ignore the Rite of Parting... That, to me, is what is wrong-headed. Now that you have come to borrow the bell, I guess that perhaps an old friend of mine has finally decided to take matters into their own hands. So, why would I be unwilling to lend you the bell?" Madame Ping wondered.

"Is it possible to keep it?" Aether asked, curious if it was possible in doing so or not.

"Hey! It belongs to granny! We're supposed to return what we borrow!" Paimon exclaimed in a scolding tone.

(Y/n) sweatdropped, glancing between the two figures in front of him.

Of course, one of them just had to get agitated over a simple question.

Madame Ping laughed softly. "Let you keep it? Haha, you really are a frank child. If you want it, you can keep it. But this bell gets homesick sometimes. Who knows, it might find its way back into these old hands..." She teased lightly.

Madame Ping then looked at the three figures before her and smiled once more. "Well, you must have things to do. Since you have the bell, you should return. Oh, and, do tell the person who sent you...that if they have time, they can come over for tea. I don't have much to offer, but you can always count on an old lady for a pot of tea," she states.

Paimon nodded her head. "We will! Thanks, granny!" She beamed.

Aether hummed lightly as he took a hold of (Y/n)'s hand and started walking in the direction of where Zhongli stood off in the distance.

Zhongli took notice of the group walking towards him and nodded his head in appreciation when he took a glance at the bell.

"Indeed, this is the Cleansing Bell. Hmm, it's in good condition. Let's place the perfume we've prepared inside," Zhongli states.

"Are you also an adeptus?" Aether questioned.

(Y/n) mentally sighed at this, but didn't blame Aether for being curious at all.

"An adeptus..." Zhongli trailed off.

"That's suspicious! But if you don't want to talk about it, we won't pry. Oh, yes! That old granny asked us to tell you something. "If you have the time, you can come over for tea. I don't have much to offer, but you can always count on an old lady for a pot of tea"," Paimon quoted in an elderly voice.

Zhongli chuckled. "Ha, that tone does not suit you. Still, her teapot is indeed good. There are none better for brewing tea. When a suitable time arrives, I'll bring a spot of fine tea and pay her a visit," he retorted.

"So, what's the next step in our preparations?" Paimon asked.

"Hmm... Next, we need to purchase kites," Zhongli answered.

"Ooh! Paimon loves kites! Are you taking us kite flying? Is this our break time?" Paimon asked in a tone of excitement.

Zhongli shook his head and chuckled once more. "Haha, no no. Kites are children's toys, yes, but they also play various symbolic roles in Liyue's rituals. I will explain it to you. But our next course of action should probably be to purchase the kits first," he answered.

"Oh, sure... curiouser and curiouser..." Paimon trailed off in disappointment.

✧˖*°࿐

(E/c) eyes sparkled in mischief as their owner took in the two familiar figures that stood off near the docks, one of them clearly reading a book, and the other biting into a blue popsicle.

"You guys have grown shorter," the (H/c)ette's voice stated in an amused tone.

Both figures quickly jerked themselves around and stared eyes wide at the taller male.

(Y/n) placed his hands onto his hips and grinned teasingly, "It's nice to see you two again, Xingqiu and Chongyun."

Chongyun and Xingqiu looked at each other, trying to figure out if it was real or not before looking back at the taller figure that they haven't seen in a little over two years.

The first one to break out of it was Chongyun, due to him finishing off his popsicle stick first, before tackling the slightly older figure's body.

Xingqiu unsurely walked up to the (H/c)ette who was gently urging him to join in the hug.

"And where were you?" Chongyun scolded, looking up at the (H/c)ette with an annoyed look.

(Y/n) sweatdropped. "What?" He asked.

Xingqiu chuckled softly, gripping lightly onto (Y/n)'s shirt, not wanting to leave the warm hug just yet.

"Where were you these past two years?" Chongyun repeated with a raised brow.

The (H/c)ette nervously smiled. "Traveling in Mondstadt... I got homesick after a while and- ack!" He choked out when he was punched in the gut.

A pair of lips were felt on his own pair, causing (E/c) eyes to widen when another pair of lips replaced the first ones.

Chongyun and Xingqiu laughed softly, acting as if they hadn't just given (Y/n) a kiss on the lips.

(Y/n) felt his cheeks heat up and covered his face with his hands. "What the fucking hell?" He muffled out.

"Welcome back, (N/n)," Xingqiu and Chongyun said in sync.

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗

╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝