Irritation and Patience

(M/n) gazed blankly at her son that was having the time of his life while playfully bullying both Diluc and Kaeya in front of the winery.

As the time slowly became more painful, she could see how much (Y/n) was starting to look like his father.

(S/c) skin that seemed to glow no matter what time of day it was, (E/c) hues that held nothing but mischief and stars of the world, and (H/l) (H/c) locks decorated into a (H/s) so that his bangs wouldn't fall into his face.

Clicking her tongue in annoyance, she turned away from her child with an irritated scowl crossing her lips.

Just why did she have to lose her husband during a difficult time in her life? At first, she was happy that (Y/n) was her child, but now... she was regretting every single moment she spent with him.

Blinking, she turned her attention towards the sudden sound of footsteps racing up to her and noticed that it was (Y/n).

"Mom!" (Y/n) beamed, giving a close-eyed grin while holding out a flower crown to her.

(M/n) sucked in a breath and gave strained smile as she took the flower crown out of her child's hands.

"It's beautiful, (Y/n)." She replied, lying through her teeth.

(Y/n)'s eyes sparkled in happiness as he quickly hugged his mother before darting back over to Kaeya and Diluc's side.

(M/n) stared at the flower crown that sat comfortably in her hands before crushing it by closing her fingers slowly into a fist.

Rolling her eyes, she turned away from the kids and kept her attention on a cup of water that had once lost her attention previously.

"Barely a week left and then we're gone," she mumbled under her breath while taking a sip of the ice-cold drink.

What she didn't know was that Diluc had noticed what she had done to (Y/n)'s gift, but didn't say anything to the younger since he didn't want to break his heart.

(Y/n) was nothing but a sweet child, so why did (M/n) loathe him as much?

The only person who knew that would be (M/n), but she would probably take that answer to her grave if she could.

✧˖*°࿐

(Y/n) laid beside Diluc and Kaeya, clearly tired from running around an hour prior.

Diluc was quietly sipping on some grape juice that his father had brought out for the kids to have something to hydrate themselves with.

Diluc then threw his arms out over his head and dramatically fell onto his back. "Today has been a long day," he yawned out.

Kaeya gave his brother the stink eye. "Really?"

Diluc just smiled in amusement. "Yep!"

(Y/n) looked over at the siblings dumbfounded since he didn't know what to say to the both of them.

"I was practicing," Kaeya retorted in an annoyed voice.

Diluc rolled his eyes playfully. "Yeah right. By practicing, you mean making flower crowns, right?" He replied.

Kaeya just quietly huffed and turned his head away.

'This is getting interesting.' (Y/n) thought, silently snickering as he listened to the short conversation that was going on beside him.

(Y/n) pushed himself from his sitting position and glanced up at the sky, ignoring the curious looks he got from the siblings.

"Patience is a really good skill to have, ya know? Flower crowns are the best skill to try it on," (Y/n) states with a grin slipping onto his lips.

"What do you mean by that?" Diluc asked with a questioning look.

"Maybe... it's because sometimes patience will allow you to do things at your own pace?" (Y/n) replied despite it sounding more like a question since he too was confused on how to explain it.

Kaeya hummed shyly as he turned towards (Y/n) and placed a Cecilia flower between his (H/c) locks and ear. "Probably," he replied.

(Y/n) blinked in confusion at the sudden flower before grinning a bit. "You both are idiots when you want to be," he laughed.

Kaeya gave an offended look towards the (H/c)ette, ignoring the warmth that was creeping up in his chest. It'll probably go away soon anyway so the bluenette didn't bother with it.

Diluc made an offended dramatic gasp towards the younger. "I'm not an idiot!" He exclaimed.

(Y/n) leaned away from Diluc a bit while holding back a laugh.

"Maybe we should be heading back inside?" Kaeya finally spoke up.

Diluc and (Y/n) looked over at Kaeya, realizing that the second oldest boy was right.

(Y/n) gave a cat-like grin and darted up, running straight to the house. "Last one there will be the one making dinner with the cooks!" He shouted.

"Cheater!" Diluc hollered and followed after the (H/c)ette.

Kaeya rolled his eye but gave a soft smile as he picked up three empty cups and walked in the direction of the winery.

✧˖*°࿐

Crepus watched as two kids come stumbling into the winery with an amused smile slipping onto his lips.

"I win!" (Y/n) hollered as he was the first one to enter the huge building with Diluc following right behind.

"You cheated!" Diluc complained.

"No, I didn't!" (Y/n) replied with a huff.

"Once a cheater is always a cheater!" Diluc huffed out, despite having a smile on his lips.

Not a minute too soon, Kaeya entered the house.

"Looks like Kaeya is going to be helping with dinner tonight," Diluc points out.

Crepus raised an eyebrow at this before realizing that it was either (Y/n) or Diluc who had made this deal.

Kaeya just rolled his eye and headed straight to the kitchen.

"Go wash up you two, dinner should be ready in about an hour," Crepus spoke up.

"Yes sir!" (Y/n) replied with a small salute before going off to wash up for dinner.

Diluc nodded his head and went to his shared room that held a bathroom right inside of it so that he could wash up.

Crepus placed a hand on his forehead and lightly chuckled. "Those kids," he mused.

He just wished that (Y/n) could stay here but knew it wasn't going to be happening anytime soon.

He could see how big an impact the (H/c)ette had made on his kids, but now he was going to be leaving any day thanks to (M/n)'s decision of not wanting anyone to help them.

Crepus was just silently wishing that it wasn't going to be bad timing when they crossed paths again.

But who knows? Only the future will tell.