A Slimy Friend

"Has it already been two weeks?" Crepus sighed heavily as he lightly tapped the tip of a feather that sat comfortably in between in fingers as his ruby red hues glanced outside of a window that sat to his far right.

The red-haired man could see the sun starting to rise from behind Mondstadt, introducing a new day for those that dare to introduce the bright beams into their eyes.

Sighing heavily, Crepus placed the feather back into a small jar of ink and leaned back into the chair that he was sitting in, covering his eyes with the palm of his hand.

"A week left, huh? (M/n)... you are an idiot sometimes," he mumbled underneath his breath as he shook his head in disappointment.

The man felt bad for his sons. He could see how attached the both of them had gotten to the (H/c)ette, just for it to be snatched away just as quickly.

Maybe one day they'll cross paths again in the future.

✧˖*°࿐

A familiar child with (H/c) locks could be seen sneaking up to a group of anemo and dendro slimes that decided to eat berries that grew wildly around the winery.

The child gave a mischievous grin as they moved up closer with his head low, showing that they weren't there to hurt them.

A small dendro slime seemed to take notice and stared at the (H/c)ette with its wide dotted eyes, the flower on its head swaying gently to the beat of the wind that would brush by once in a while.

"Hi there, friend." (Y/n) whispered out with a small smile replacing his mischief one.

The slime stared at the child in front of it, trying to figure out if he was human or not due to their pointy ears. Wiggling a bit, the dendro slime hopped over to (Y/n) with nothing but curiosity, hostility nowhere near the both of them.

(Y/n) slowly reached out a hand to the dendro slime, just to be met with its gooey head easily due to it nudging its head into the (H/c)ette's hand.

"You're really pretty, ya know?" (Y/n) whispered in amazement.

The slime acted as if it understood the other by giving closed eyes as a response.

The (H/c)ette gasped quietly in excitement as he decided to sit cross-cross and leaned more towards the slime with sparkling (E/c) hues.

"You can show emotion!" He murmured out in pure excitement. The slime just nudged itself more into (Y/n)'s hand.

"Now that I think of it... aren't dendro slimes poisonous in a way?" The child whispered underneath his breath in realization.

Moving his hand away from the slime, (Y/n) placed a finger up against his lips trying to figure out why he wasn't poisoned when he touched the poison coat that the dendro slime was covered in.

"Is it because I'm part elf?" (Y/n) questioned himself quietly, trying to figure out if this is true or not.

The dendro slime gazed up at the half-elf child in silence, wondering what the bigger figure was thinking about. They've never seen a person up close before so this was new behavior for this slime.

"Maybe I should ask Mr. Crepus if he has any books about elves and dendro slimes," (Y/n) quietly told himself despite ignoring the fact that he was speaking his plans out loud.

The dendro slime wiggled its body and hopped onto (Y/n)'s body, nudging the other down onto his back.

"What was that for?" (Y/n) laughed softly as he wrapped his hands around the slime, making sure that it didn't make a fall to the green grass below the both of them.

"Just a week ago your type wouldn't even come near me. Maybe you're just a curious little slime?" The child mumbled while lightly patting the dendro slime's head – who seemed to be content at the attention it was being given.

The dendro slime and (Y/n) made eye contact.

"I wonder when mom will let me have a vision? Though... she's more of a person that won't let me have one since she despises both the visions and the Archons," (Y/n) heavily sighed.

The (H/c)ette grinned, "Doesn't mean I won't be able to manifest my vision somehow, maybe one day I'll become really powerful." He stated.

The slime tilted its body as if it was asking a muted question.

"How? By training, of course! Training isn't the only thing that makes you stronger, it's help and putting your trust in others that you believe that'll help you continue your journey!" (Y/n) exclaimed while allowing the dendro slime to hop off of him.

The slime just blinked in confusion, before hopping up and down while going in circles around (Y/n)'s body.

"Ah, I'm talking way too much again, aren't I? But still, as long as I meet the right people in the future... I should be able to get stronger with their help," (Y/n) states as he  got up onto his feet.

The dendro slime came to a stop before turning around and hopping away from the group to which it belonged.

(Y/n) blinked in confusion before realizing that the slime had to leave with its family.

"Bye Slimy!" (Y/n) lightly shouted, waving a hand to the dendro slime that was out of sight within minutes.

Lowering his hand to his side, (Y/n) clenched one of his hands into a fist.

"Ehe." He laughed quietly, ignoring the fact that he had just technically spoken to a dendro slime that just listened to him.

"Thanks for listening, new friend." (Y/n) whispered underneath his breath before turning towards the winery and jogged in that direction.

"Diluc! Kaeya! Mom! Mr. Crepus! I made friends with a slime!" The (H/c)ette hollered in the direction of the winery.

"YOU DID WHAT?!" Another voice hollered back in horror.

The only thing that (Y/n) did was laugh.

Their joyous laughter filling in the quiet but simple section that lived near Mondstadt, the child's laughs and giggles flying and dancing with the wind.

A human friend or not, anything was possible if you just tried to understand them.