Chapter VI: Act IV

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗
The Fatui Harbinger; Childe
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

Paimon panted as she tried to get her breath back. "Phew... Paimon's exhausted..." She states.

(Y/n) sweatdropped at the young female, wondering why since the other usually floated.

"Just what muscles does magical floating use exactly?" Aether asked, looking at his companion.

Paimon huffed loudly. "So insensitive! You have no idea just how tiring floating arou– Wait! Just who are you exactly?" She quickly changed the topic by looking at Childe.

Childe smiled. "Call me Childe," he answered.

Paimon raised a brow as she placed her hands on her hips. "Childe? What, so we're supposed to dote on you?" She asked.

Childe laughed. "Haha, no no, not at all. It's an alias of sorts. In Mondstadt, I don't suppose you came across a "Signora" by any chance?" He questioned.

(Y/n) hummed. "An ashy bitch, she is." He retorted.

Childe snickered lowly when he heard that.

Aether's eyes widened with recognition as he quickly took a step back from the ginger.

"Signora... Childe... You're Fatui! One of The Harbingers!" Paimon gasped out in horror.

Childe waved a hand nonchalantly. "Oh, no. Don't worry, I'm not looking for a fight. Signora gave you quite the bad impression huh? Tsk, that woman... Can't say I'm a fan either. Right, let's forget all about her, shall we? I'm here to help you."

Aether narrowed his eyes at Childe, looking at (Y/n).

Golden hues took notice of how the (H/c)ette's fingers twitched and tapped lightly against the tassel that he was carrying around on him.

It was like... (Y/n) was holding something back.

Something that might be regretted later due to how the said figure's vision glowed a little.

Aether turned his attention back to Childe. "Go. Leave," he hissed out.

"Sure, I may be one of the Harbingers, but hear me out. I'm not a bad guy... Okay perhaps I'm kind of a bad guy, but I'm not here to give you any trouble. Would it be too much to ask for you to keep the sword sheathed?" Childe replied.

(Y/n) crossed his arms over his  chest with a quiet hum leaving his lips.

Aether gave an uncertain look but sheathed the blade he had brought out.

Childe released a heavy sigh of relief. "Haha, I thank you for your knightly nobility, Aether. I heard of your deeds in Mondstadt, so I couldn't help but notice you and (Y/n) during the proceedings back there–"

"Stalker," (Y/n) coughed out.

Childe rolled his eyes at the figure he was supposed to take back to Snezhnaya but continued talking. "And because I had my eye on you both the whole time, I know it wasn't you two. Someone else was clearly behind it. But... regrettably, given I'm a Fatui envoy from Snezhnaya... there's no way I'd be trusted after something of this magnitude. The ruling Qixing of Liyue has always been overly suspicious of us," he states.

(Y/n) deadpanned. 'Maybe because you guys aren't fucking able to hide your identities? Like, you guys pop out of fuckin' nowhere and say you're LITERALLY part of the Fatui?' He mused.

"Well can you honestly blame them?" Paimon asked, squinting her eyes at the ginger.

Childe chuckled. "Hahaha. Guess I shouldn't try to deny that. Okay, sure. Maintaining a distance between strangers is probably a good idea. Either way, I'm already used to it at this stage. But right now, if you want to clear yourselves of any suspicion – you need to get yourselves to Northland Bank. Staying here isn't an option. As the Liyue saying goes: "The walls have ears"."