Chapter III: Act III

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗
A Cat's Decision
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

A familiar twelve-year-old pre-teen could be seen carrying a heavy load of cargo that held weapons and three-star artifacts right inside it.

A grunt left this child's lips as they placed the heavy cargo onto the ground and in front of a shop that sold their fine weapons and artifacts.

Swaying their tail, dark blue eyes brightened up a bit as their owner brought their arms behind their back.

The store's owner gave a relieved smile at the cat child. "Thank you so much, (F/n). I never thought that your weapons and artifacts would sell out so quickly," they chuckled.

(F/n) grinned. "Of course, they would, I crafted them all by hand except the artifacts, I spent my free time searching for them!" They exclaimed with pure amusement.

The shop owner smiled and nodded their head before paying mora to the young feline. "I'll make sure to order more if needed... hopefully these will last longer."

(F/n) gave a teasing grin as they counted the mora that they have received.

"It was great doing business with you!" They declared before walking off, putting the mora into a bag that hung on their hip.

Dark blue eyes darted to a letter that they have yet to open in their pocket.

"Let's open this now, shall we?" They hummed lightly as they plucked the letter from their pocket and opened it.

(F/n)'s eyes drifted down the words of the familiar handwriting that belonged to (Y/n).

Furrowing their brows, they allowed a laugh to escape their lips. "Of course, you would join her! Knowing you, you probably just joined her for the thrill of adventure and getting her off your back. And just maybe see Dainsleif quicker," they mused.

Rolling their eyes, (F/n) placed the letter back into their pockets and rubbed their hands together.

"Who knew that you could be such a sly little snake, (Y/n)?" (F/n) snickered while shaking their head.

"(F/n)!" A voice hollered, capturing the said feline's attention.

Dark blue eyes narrowed when their owner saw a very familiar dog boy.

"Nope. Nope," (F/n) retorted while walking away.

The dog boy pouted lightly, before grinning a bit. "Your friend was able to send a letter through, right?" He asked.

(F/n) raised a brow at the young soldier beside them. "Yeah... and?" They replied.

"When will you let me meet him? Or at least let me send a message in your name?"

(F/n) choked on air when they heard that.

'You're not killing me this time, air!' They thought while coughing and hitting their chest.

"Maybe when the Raiden Shogun is defeated? It was surprisingly easy for this letter to end up here, but you already know how hard it is!" (F/n) retorted.

(F/n) watched as the other's ears were low in sadness.

"You don't even know what (Y/n) looks like! Why do you even want to talk with him?" (F/n) huffed out in annoyance.

"I just want a pen pal," the dog boy mumbled.

(F/n)'s ears perked up when they heard that. Was the one and only Gorou lonely? It was obvious half of the time whenever they caught Gorou's longing gaze during the multiple times (Y/n)'s letters came through the barrier.

The feline crossed their arms over their chest and gave a questioning gaze. "Just a pen pal? Nothing else?" They repeated.

Gorou just nodded his head in silence.

A loud sigh left (F/n)'s lips before pointing at the young soldier before them.

Gorou's ears perked up as his eyes widened.

"I guess I could give you the needed information to send a letter to my bestie, anything more than that... I'll stop you from sending it," (F/n) hissed out.

Gorou ignored the hissing threat and beamed happily. "Thanks, (F/n)!"

(F/n) gave a judging look at the other in silence. "You're welcome," they retorted.

The feline gave the needed address and name to Gorou before walking off.

"Maybe... just maybe... you know what? I wasn't going to add and agree with him, but I guess I could add him into the harem." (F/n) mumbled with a shake of disappointment.

They knew how Gorou reminded both (F/n) and (Y/n) so much of a puppy that was nothing but full of excitement for being noticed.

"(Y/n) might kill me, but it's kinda sweet of Gorou." They murmured with a gentle smile slipping onto their lips.

'I should be getting home now, I have to make more extra weapons for tonight.' (F/n) mused before walking off.

✧˖*°࿐

"I'm home~!" (F/n) sang as they opened the front door to the house they lived inside.

The silence was the only thing that was responded to.

Dark blue eyes darkened a bit with disappointment.

Right... home.

It's been two years since (F/n) grandfather's death and the only other home they had was (Y/n). The said (H/c)ette is nowhere to be found due to the other living in Liyue.

The ombre bluenette walked past an urn while taking their shoes off and gave it a painful smile. "I'm home, Gramps. Sorry that I got back a little later than normal," they apologized.

Nothing but silence.

(F/n) shook their head in agreement before looking away. "I failed to sacrifice Ayato and Ayaka again. They didn't want to be the reason why I became rich all of a sudden," they laughed.

Frowning, (F/n) rubbed at the uneasiness on their forearms. "Sacrifice number eighty-five is once again a fail, heh."

Going quiet, (F/n) walked over to a window and stared outside of it. Watching the busy streets continue to be lively like usual.

Their right ear twitched as a breeze of air rushed past their face, ruffling their ombre bluenette locks that were tied up into a messy bun.

"A cat's decision is hard to make, isn't it... Gramps?"

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗

╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝