Chapter VIII: Act XVI

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗
Dori
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

The group of four came to a stop when they saw a short figure hiding in the shadows.

"So you were the one who was calling out to us just now. But uh, are we definitely gonna be safe here?" Paimon asked.

Raunak looked over at the merchant as he pointed at the four. "These four good customers wish to buy some Harra fruit, Miss Dori, and if there's nothing else, I'll just excuse myself."

"Oh, very good. Thank you!" Dori replied.

The five figures watched as Raunak walked off.

Paimon turned her attention to Dori. "Huh, wait... You're Dori? Paimon sure thought you'd look a whole lot scarier..." She trailed off.

Dori made an offended sound. "Hey, whaddya trying to say, Princess Peabrain!? I can be scary enough when I need to be, believe me! If you don't watch what you say, then you can forget about doing any business," she huffed out before shaking her head, "But it seems you four have actually done pretty well so far... Not only did you manage to find your informant, but your reactions were also pretty sharp. You don't really look like criminals or anything, but I bet my mora that you've been involved in some shady dealings, haven't you?" She asked.

"Uh, Paimon's not sure if that's supposed to be a compliment, but we'll take it," Paimon says.

Dori shook her head. "I can't risk doing business with people who start huffing and puffing after just a few paces – no matter how much mora they might have. Not only will they get caught by the matra, but they'll also get us into trouble. As decent folks trying to run an honest business, we don't need any of that. Wouldn't you agree? So that's why I prefer to have customers like you. It's your first time here, but don't worry, I won't ask too many questions. Even if you wish to buy enough Knowledge Capsules to decorate your house with, please – knock yourself out! As long as you have lots of round, shiny mora, then we're all good."

Aether, Paimon, (Y/n), and (F/n) looked at each for a few moments before looking back at Dori.

"Can you show us your products?" Aether asked.

Dori beamed with a bright smile on her lips as she nodded her head. "Ah yes, of course, of course! Go ahead, help yourselves – voila!" She replied as she showed multiple Knowledge Capsules.

Paimon stared at the items in awe.

'Wow, she has a trove of Canned Knowledge! Whew... she'd probably be in serious trouble if the matra caught her with all of this.' Paimon thought.

"What kind of products do you seek, my dear customers? Don't worry, I'm not interested in your reasons for buying – I can, however, offer some suggestions." Dori states before pointing out some of the Knowledge Capsules, "Take this one, for example... "An Analysis of the Sociological Ideology and Dialects of the Hilichurls". Only three people in all of Teyvat have ever studied it, making it extremely rare! It's on sale now for 350,000 mora!" She chirped.

(F/n) side-eyed the two males beside them.

They watched as Aether's face paled at the price, while (Y/n) acted like it was just baby numbers!

'Damn these rich people...' (F/n) mused.

'Yeesh... Who would wanna be an expert in that topic?' Paimon wondered.

Dori pointed at another Knowledge Capsule. "Or how about "The Architectural Styles and Construction Methods of Teyvat in the Early Archon War Period"? With this one, you can become an expert in historic architecture preservation and find an excellent, well-paying job in nearly any nation!" She states.