Sneaking Out

The next day, a child with wide (E/c) hues and (H/c) locks could be seen peeking inside of a room that was dark inside because curtains have yet to be pulled back.

Two beds were seen on either side of the room with bedside tables and candles right beside them.

Grinning mischievously, (Y/n) opened the door a bit more and quietly tiptoed into the room, not wanting to wake up the sleeping brothers that have yet to make a sound or a single movement.

Slowly making way over to Diluc's bed, (Y/n) pushed himself up onto the redhead's bed with little difficulty before turning to the older.

"Diluc," (Y/n) whispered out while shaking Diluc's arm.

"Mmh?" Diluc mumbled underneath his breath as he tiredly opened a single eye to see (Y/n)'s excited figure beside him.

(Y/n) grinned a bit, "You have to get up, remember? You guys promised to sneak me out!" He whisper-yelled.

Diluc mumbled something underneath his breath which was incoherent as he sat up with a tired look in his eyes.

"Okay, okay." The red-head mumbled blinking away the sleep from his eyes.

Ruby red hues looked over at Kaeya as their owner deadpanned. "Kaeya's a heavy sleeper so you're going to have trouble waking him up," Diluc sighed heavily.

"Heavy sleeper? Oh! I think I can do something about that." (Y/n) grinned as he glanced over at the sleeping six-year-old.

"Right, you do that. I'll go get dressed while you try and wake that idiot up," Diluc responded before getting off of the bed and leaving the room with a pair of clothes he snatched off from a nearby chair.

(Y/n) got up off of Diluc's bed and made way to Kaeya's, trying to figure out how to wake up the bluenette. "Hmm," they hummed lightly.

His eyes looked over at the candle beside Kaeya's bed and gave a thoughtful look, "Kaeya, Diluc said that he was gonna beat you in training." (Y/n) whispered loud enough for the sleeping boy to hear.

A grumble was the only response they received as Kaeya rolled over onto his other side, facing the wall.

(Y/n) placed a finger onto his bottom lip and tilted his head with furrowed brows, trying to figure out another tactic. He may be just four with a big vocabulary – thanks to hid mother not letting them out a lot – but his mother always did call him a little menace whenever he wanted to pull something.

"You know what? I'm just gonna go and let Diluc take me," (Y/n) huffed out before getting off of the bed with his shoes gently hitting the ground.

Walking over to the bedroom door, the (H/c)ette glanced over his shoulder and stuck his tongue out. "Bye, bye."

As if realizing what time it was, Kaeya went falling out of his head and quickly got dressed.

(Y/n) stood outside the bedroom door with their arms behind his back, giggling like the little menace that he was.

Walking down the stairs, (E/c) met a pair of ruby red.

"He's coming," (Y/n) tells Diluc who just chuckled lightly.

"I'm surprised he woke up for you." Diluc retorted.

"Have you ever chased after fireflies?" (Y/n) curiously asked, looking up at Diluc's figure.

Diluc raised a brow as he looked down at the figure beside him. "Chasing fireflies?" He repeated.

(Y/n) nodded his head. "Yeah... like catch them, keep them in a jar for a day or two before releasing them?" He questioned.

Diluc gave a thoughtful look before shaking his head just to hear an offended gasp from the (H/c)ette.

"What?" The red-head asked, wondering why the four-year-old gasped.

"Hmph, you're missing out." (Y/n) huffed out in disbelief.

Diluc was confused. Why was chasing fireflies and keeping them fun?

Kaeya's footsteps were finally heard as the said boy came stumbling from the staircase.

Kaeya fidgeted with his fingers as he followed both Diluc and (Y/n) out of the house.

"What were you... guys talking about?" He murmured, looking away from the two figures in front of him.

"Chasing fireflies and keeping them for a bit." (Y/n) simply answered while noticing that some of the said little bugs were still out due to the sun not being fully woken up yet.

Kaeya hummed softly, looking off to the distance.

"Do you know about the Archons?" Diluc asked, changing the subject.

(Y/n)'s eyes brightened which captured the brothers' attention.

"Uh-huh! Though out of all of them I would have to choose either the Anemo God or the Dendro God, Barbatos and Kusanali!" (Y/n) beamed while walking in front of the two brothers, arms behind his back.

The (H/c)ette turned towards the siblings and pressed a finger to his lips in a shushing motion despite smiling. "Ehe, don't tell my mother that though."

Diluc chuckled lightly as the shorter went back to walking, humming a small lullaby while looking at the nature that surrounded them all.

Tall buildings could be seen in the distance as the trio kept walking down a dirt path. Tall windmills were the most noticeable.

Diluc gave a thoughtful look, (M/n) never said much about where she and (Y/n) originally came from, but he knew that the said woman and (H/c)ette weren't from Mondstadt at all.

Just where was their homeland in the first place?

"(Y/n)?" Diluc piped up causing the said (H/c)ette to hum and look over his shoulder in confusion.

"Did your mother ever say where you guys came from?" The red-head asked.

(Y/n) blinked and tried to remember any information he'd been given. "Not that I know of."

Kaeya gave a surprised look what decided not to say anything.

He would surely have to look into this once the three of them go back home.

"Woah!" (Y/n) breathed out in awe when he realized that the three of them were getting close to Mondstadt.

"Welcome to Mondstadt," Diluc states calmly.