Chapter II: Act VI

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗
Crushed Spirits
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

Scaramouche clicked his tongue in annoyance, staring deadly at the paperwork that was dared to be brought into his office by the Fatui agents that worked for him.

His indigo-colored eyes snapped over to where the sound of a door opening was heard and glared even more when an agent came walking in.

"Lord Balladeer, you're back!" The agent exclaimed in a greeting, making sure not to make any eye contact with their leader.

"What do you want?" Scaramouche rudely asked, wanting the conversation to be cut short.

The agent stood up straight with their arms stuck to their sides. "The boy, (Y/n), is it? I have received updates from your spy that follows them," they remarked loudly.

Scaramouche stayed silent, allowing the agent to resume.

"We found out that the child is indeed from Khaenri'ah and you know where. Who knew that the descendant of the dead could hold the possibility of using at least more than one vision."

Scaramouche raised a brow. "Oh really?" He grumbled.

The fatui nodded their head. "By the looks of it, (Y/n) has the capability of using both Anemo and Dendro. Seeing as he did kill three of our strongest agents and watched his mother die." They retorted.

A smirk grew onto the Harbinger's lips. "So, my little elf did kill them? Heh, wonderful."

The agent felt a shudder go up their spine, noticing the possessive and crazed look on their leader's face.

'I do worry for this (Y/n) person. It's not just one Harbinger, it's almost all of them except for like three that wants him.' The agent thought.

Scaramouche looks away from the agent, "Anything else?" He asked in a snappy tone.

The agent took a deep breath. "The abyss is also interested in them. By the looks of it, they'll be striking soon," they finished.

Scaramouche's smirk grew into an annoyed scowl. "Tell that little spy to make sure that doesn't happen, we can't have the abyss meddling in with our business."

"Yes, sir." The agent retorted before vanishing.

Scaramouche turned his attention back to the documents on his desk.

"No one will take you away from me. Not even that damn Abyss," he growled lowly.

✧˖*°࿐

(F/n) glimpsed over at (Y/n), sighing laboriously as they eyed the (H/c)ette play about with the polearm.

It amused them deeply but was relieved to see the old (Y/n) a bit before he had become so closed-in due to a traumatic incident that he had faced long before he was reincarnated into Genshin Impact.

The ombre bluenette smiled a bit seeing how relaxed the slightly older child was in front of them. "You seem relaxed," they spoke up.

(Y/n) halted from what he was doing and turned his attention to the cat child that was sitting down on a giant rock.

"What do you mean?" (Y/n) asked with a raised brow, confused about what the other meant.

Dark blue eyes softened a bit, gazing into the (E/c) hues that belonged to their owner's friend.

"I mean that you're not stiff as usual... I know losing both (S/n) and (B/n) was a lot for you in our old world," (F/n) gently said.

(Y/n) froze as he stopped rotating the polearm in his hands.

"Right..." He murmured while looking away from the ombre bluenette.

(F/n) frowned when they acknowledged that they weren't helping the situation at all.

"Maybe... they're watching over us in a way?" (F/n) retorted.

(Y/n) clenched his hand into a fist. "(F/n)... from what the lore says, the sky we're currently standing under is nothing but a lie. A fake." He replied.

(F/n) bit their bottom lip with a broken look on their face. Talking about (Y/n)'s siblings was a sore spot since the two said younger kids were taken away and placed into the foster system in their old world.

"They're probably watching cartoons or something, I mean you did pamper those little buggers." (F/n) weakly laughed.

(Y/n) looked down at his feet, his bottom lip trembling a bit.

"Of course, I did, who would? Our parents couldn't. I was the only responsible one in the house with a job that didn't pay much," (Y/n) murmured.

(F/n) gave an apologetic look. "Sorry, (Y/n)."

(Y/n) allowed the polearm to dematerialize and turned towards (F/n) with a fake smile. "No worries, you were just trying to lift my spirits."

'Which I fucked up, badly.' (F/n) thought, mentally sighing in disappointment.

(Y/n) looked away from the cat child, noticing how dark it had gotten. "Shouldn't you be heading back to your grandfather right now?" He asked.

(F/n) seemed to realize the time and froze. "See you tomorrow, (N/n)!" They shouted before darting off, not wanting their grandfather to worry about them more than he had to.

(Y/n) hummed and just stared right back up at the sky. "Maybe I should be heading back too, mom is probably worried about me." He whispered before turning around and heading in the direction of Wangshu Inn.

✧˖*°࿐

Goldet gazed at her son with a raised brow. "And where were you? You should've been back hours ago!" She softly scolded.

(Y/n) gave a sheepish grin. "Sorry, mom. I met a new friend down by the docks and we hung out all day after Xingqiu and Chongyun had to head back home." He replied, rubbing the back of his neck.

Goldet gave her child the stink eye before heavily sighing, relaxing once she took in the fact that the boy had no known injuries on him.

"If you're staying out longer than normal, please bring Richie next time." Goldet states.

(Y/n) smiled as he glanced over at the said sleeping pupper and nodded their head. "I will, I promise." He reassured.

Goldet chuckled lightly, "Better get ready for bed, I'm sure you're exhausted."

(Y/n) didn't seem to realize how tired he was until a yawn passed his lips. "Yeah. Night, mom." He mumbled before heading up the stairs, his (S/c) eyelids drooping over his (E/c) hues.

Goldet lowered her arms to her sides, watching her child leave her sight. "He wouldn't agree with me... but Xiao surely missed you," she whispered.

The female then brought her gaze over to the entrance of the inn.

"I'll make him some (F/f) in the morning," she murmured underneath her breath.

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗

╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝