Chapter VII: XV

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗
Those Who Yearn For the Gods' Gaze
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

(F/n) stood behind the resistance they had grouped up with, gazing quietly as the Fatui agents that had walked up to them.

Their dark blue eyes darkened upon the delusions that the agents were pushing over with a mixture of food and other needed supplies.

The small group of the resistance gave a look of relief and excitement as they saw all the supplies that they were going to be given.

"Is this all?" A samurai asked, raising a brow.

Teppei stood beside (F/n), his eyes sparkling in excitement at all the food and supplies that the unknown sponsor gave them.

With a flick of their tail, the ombre bluenette released a small scowl from their lips as a single Fatui agent nodded his head.

"Of course," the Fatui agent replied.

The group watched as the agents walked away after their small goodbyes.

"Look at all of this!" Teppei exclaimed in awe, as he walked up to the multiple carts of supplies.

The samurai gave a sound of approval. "They even gave us visions," he added.

Before anyone could touch a delusion, (F/n) spoke up.

"Don't touch," (F/n) hissed softly.

The group of resistance gazed at the feline in surprise.

Teppei looked at the feline beside him. "Huh? Why, (F/n)?" He asked in confusion.

The ombre bluenette felt their ear twitch and flick in annoyance as the teenager huffed lightly. "Just don't," they replied before turning around and walking off.

The resistance members looked at one another before shrugging their shoulders and following after the feline; pulling the carts with them.

However, there was always that one idiot that didn't like to follow orders.

The sound of metal clinging together caused (F/n)'s ears to perk up and quickly jerked their head.

A resistance soldier was holding a delusion in his hands, gazing at it in awe while handing out a few others to the resistance members.

"You dumbass bitch."

✧˖*°࿐

(F/n) pulled an arrow back and released it on the incoming enemy who released a thundering roar.

Their brows furrowed a bit as they released another arrow, but this one was charged with cryo.

Where were the other resistance soldiers? They were on their way to the shrine unless they were already there, (F/n) didn't know since they had allowed the soldiers to move on ahead.

Footsteps captured the feline's attention, causing them to look over their shoulder and take notice of Paimon and Aether.

"(F/n)!" Paimon exclaimed, her eyes widening.

"Hey so, um. A little help here?" (F/n) retorted with a deadpanned expression, waving towards the giant Lawachurl.

Aether quickly nodded his head and manifested his blade before joining in the fight.

The duo was able to take on the enemy as Paimon cheered for them off to the side.

✧˖*°࿐

"Phew... glad that's over. As monsters go, that one was pretty tough. But what's such a huge Thunderhelm Lawachurl doing here in the first place? It doesn't make any sense... Also, the atmosphere here gives Paimon the creeps. Anyway, the good thing is that it's over now. We should probably get going... Huh, Teppei? What are you doing here?" Paimon turned her attention when she noticed Teppei walking up to the small group of three.