Chapter VIII: Act VII

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗
Pasts,
Trouble,
And
Pained Memories
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

Tighnari's ears perked up as he heard footsteps coming up to his figure, and decided to turn and look.

It was Paimon and Aether.

"Ah, it's you two. I was just about to go look for you," Tighnari states.

"Huh? Tighnari, what're you doing here? Where's Collei, (Y/n) and (F/n)?" Paimon asked, confused about where the other three were at.

Tighnari frowned lightly, "I came to check on Collei's condition. To put it simply, she's not well. (F/n) has been huddled up near her bed since last night. (Y/n)'s here somewhere."

Paimon's brows furrowed in worry, "You mean she's sick? How could she be... Oh, wait a minute, could it be because of what Paimon did yesterday?" Paimon questioned.

Tighnari shook his head and sent the duo a reassuring smile. "No, no need to worry, little one. Something as small as you could never do anything to harm her. This sickness is something that Collei has been dealing with for some time," he then turned to look at the sleeping duo inside Collei's room, "Collei has been more excited than usual since you four arrived – a little too much so, to be honest. She hasn't remembered to take care of herself."

A sigh escaped Tighnari's lips, "I suppose it's understandable, though. She hasn't been around anyone she considered a friend for some time now. It must have been refreshing for her to have you four here."

"So, Tighnari, what's really wrong with Collei...?" Paimon nervously asked.

Tighnari shook his head, "Ahem, let's take this conversation elsewhere. Collei just fell asleep after her medicine, she needs some peace and quiet."

The male then urged Paimon and Aether to follow after him.

✧˖*°࿐

Tighnari looked around before making a sound of satisfaction.

"Alright, let's continue our conversation here, shall we? To be honest. I hadn't realized that you're the Honorary Knight from Mondstadt until Collei told me just now. I've also heard all about your and (Y/n)'s deeds in Liyue and Inazuma. So, just to clarify, what I'm about to tell you about Collei is not because of who you are, or your past feats. Instead, I am going to tell you because... Well, because Collei asked me to. And honestly speaking, I was against Collei revealing her past to you," Tighnari began.

He then turned to look at the duo beside him and softly smiled.

"But, she insisted, saying you two, along with (Y/n) and (F/n), treated her with sincerity and as a friend. So now she wishes to reciprocate the gesture," Tighnari retorted.

Aether placed a hand on his chin. "Does (F/n) and (Y/n) know about her past?" He questioned.

Tighnari nodded his head. "They were the first two to be told. So, you missed (Y/n) not too long ago. (F/n) is currently staying with her for the moment," he answered.

Paimon stared worriedly. "So Tighnari, what exactly is wrong with Collei? You said this is something that she's been dealing with for some time. Just how serious is it?" She questioned.

"Right, ever since she was a child, she's been afflicted with a disease called Eleazar," Tighnari answered.

"Eleazar?" Paimon repeated in confusion.

Tighnari hummed. "Yes, it's a disease unique to the lands of Sumeru. It is characterized by dark and hardened scales that form on the body. At first, the afflicted may only feel mild numbness in affected areas of the skin. However, as the disease progresses, one may begin feeling fatigued and even experience peripheral paresthesia. In its final stages, the disease strips a person of the ability to control their own body, and they effectively become completely immobile," he explained.