Chapter VII: Act XIX

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗
Lies or Truths
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

"If we manage to convince her, I'm quite sure we'll be able to get you another audience with the Raiden Shogun," Yae Miko explained as she placed her hands on her hips.

"Who is this "certain someone"?" Aether asked, raising a brow at the female in front of him.

Yae Miko softly smirked. "I'll give you a clue: She's currently in charge of the Shogun's Army, she visits the shrine at this time every month, and she is our guest today. She also appears to be standing right behind you," she answered.

Sara scoffed lightly as she crossed her arms over her chest. "Don't move a muscle! You've for some nerve showing up here in the shrine when there's an active warrant for your arrest! Don't even think about trying anything. Surrender now, you're coming with me to headquarters. Seize him!" She ordered.

"Affirmative," a Shogunate Samurai retorted with a nod of his head.

Yae Miko raised a brow as she, Paimon, Aether, (Y/n), and (F/n) looked at the trio.

"Uh-uh-uh, it seems that you're forgetting, this is the Grand Narukami Shrine... Use of force here is strictly forbidden. Before you proceed, which of you would like to face criminal charges for dishonoring the Shogun, hmm?" Yae Miko tutted.

"...Ugh," Sara grumbled under her breath.

The female then made eye contact with the violet-eyed female.

"Guuji Yae... please tell me you are not sheltering a wanted criminal here?" Sara questioned in disbelief.

"You're still not on their black list? Damn," (F/n) whispered lowly, making sure that only (Y/n) could hear them.

(Y/n) mentally deadpan, but shrugged his shoulders in silent response. He wasn't really surprised that he didn't get noticed the other day for using his vision to help out Aether.

Yae Miko tapped her bottom lip lightly. "We are just friends, I don't see what sheltering has to do with it. Tell your subordinates to leave, we have things to discuss," she replied.

Sara released a sigh from her lips. "All of you, outside," she ordered.

"As you wish," another samurai replied.

The two samurai that Sara came with turned and left the group alone.

Yae Miko stopped in front of Sara, gazing at her with an amused stare.

A small soft whack was heard, capturing (Y/n)'s attention.

Sweatdropping, (E/c) eyes darted back and forth between a glaring competition that was between Paimon and (F/n).

'Are they really fighting about who cuddles up to me?' (Y/n) thought in disbelief.

'YOU CAN'T EVEN GLARE, (F/n), SO WHY DO YOU EVEN TRY IN DOING SO!?' The (H/c)ette mused.

"Guuji Yae, I'm a little curious – does it not also dishonor the Shogun to hide a wanted criminal at her grand shrine?" Sara asked with a raised brow.

(Y/n) felt arms wrap around his waist and a face stuffing itself in the side of his abdomen, but he ignored it so that he could listen to the conversation that was going on in front of him.

Yae Miko giggled. "Hehehe... You are the same as ever, Kujou Sara. No one can match you when it comes to loyalty to the Shogun," she replied.

Sara furrowed her brows. "As a servant, loyalty to the Shogun is my duty. And as a warrior, I dedicate my life following the way of the Shogun."

"Even though she will one day... seize your Vision, too?" Yae Miko asked with a sly smile on her lips.

"The Vision Hunt Decree is the Shogun's chosen course, and I shall not question it," Sara replied with a shake of her head.

Aether and (Y/n) looked at each other in the corner of their eyes, before bringing their attention back to the talking duo in front of them.

A sigh escaped Yae Miko's lips. "It's tragic... such wholehearted devotion, rendered meaningless by circumstances. Have you been kept in the dark? Or are you the only one left in the light?" She wondered.

Sara frowned. "Lady Guuji, I need you to be direct. Tell me exactly what you mean," she retorted.

Yae Miko hummed. "The Vision Hunt Decree is a trap. Part of a Fatui plot to bring Inazuma to its knees. And your masters, the Kujou Clan of the Tenryou Commission – they are the ones keeping the truth from teaching the Shogun," she explained.

Sara's eyes shot wide open at that information. "You're saying the Kujou Clan... betrayed the Shogunate?" She asked in disbelief.

Her eyes then narrowed a bit. "Guuji Yae, your allegations are not only dangerous but ridiculous. The Tri-Commission has served the Shogun since ancient times and remains absolutely loyal to this day. Ever since I was adopted by the Kujou Clan, I have never seen or heard anything but pure devotion toward the Shogun. At every level of the Tenryou Commission – especially from the head of the clan, Kujou Takayuki... He reveres the Musou no Hitotachi more than anyone. My own respect for the Shogun pales in comparison to his. How could he ever even dream of acting against the Shogun?" Sara scoffed.

Yae Miko gave a thoughtful look, glancing over at the group before looking back at Sara, and holding up three fingers. "Three days... come back here in three days, and I will show you the evidence. As a Guuji, there's one thing I know very well: People believe whatever they want to believe. Some things you do not see, simply because you do not wish to look. As so... it falls to me to place the truth before your eyes, in all its ugliness," she replied.

Sara huffed. "Hmph... three days? I'll be here. But if I don't see any evidence, I will demand a formal apology for slandering the Kujou Clan. Also... He will have to come with me."

Yae Miko gave a close-eyed smile. "Wonderful. Then I'll see you in three days. I look forward to it very much," she states.

Sara glared at the group once more in front of her, before turning around and leaving the group.

Paimon shook her head as she felt a shiver of relief run up her spine. "That was so scary. Paimon wasn't expecting to run into Kujou Sara here... But Miko, you mentioned evidence of the Tenryou Commission's betrayal. Is that all in hand and good to go, or...?" She trailed off.

Yae Miko softly chuckled. "Why are you always asking so many questions? Of course not. I just had to say something because I clearly wasn't convincing her. As plans go, changing the deity's mind is a huge gamble, to begin with. We can't expect to be in control of every last detail when we're facing off against a god, can we?" She questioned as she glanced at Paimon.

"Okay, but what are we gonna do though? We only have three days!" Paimon exclaimed.

"If we want to get our evidence, we're going to need some help. Now... come with me. We must awaken the professional," Yae Miko replied.

(F/n) threw their hands into the air, almost smacking (Y/n) in the face. "WOO! Ninja time!" They cheered.

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗

╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝