Onto the Neighbouring Nation

The final day had quickly slipped by as if it wanted the separation to happen in an instant.

(M/n) could be seen placing both hers and (Y/n)'s luggage onto a carriage that had come for the both of them. Crepus stared quietly at the woman that held no remorse at the fact that she was destroying her child on the last day by not allowing him to say goodbye.

The said woman chose a time when Diluc and Kaeya weren't at the winery since they were both at Mondstadt for the day.

(Y/n) was already inside of the carriage, sitting in it quietly while watching his mother with a saddened gaze that only Crepus noticed.

The man could tell how much (Y/n) wanted to stay there with him and his boys but had no say in anything.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Crepus asked calmly as he walked up to the two while the coachman was sitting up in the front, ignoring the conversation.

(M/n) gazed at the taller man and glared lightly. "Of course, it's a good idea," she huffed out in annoyance.

(Y/n) leaned onto one of the carriage's opened windows and looked at longing towards the freedom that he would no longer have when he wouldn't be able to leave his mother's gasp until he was old enough to leave on his own.

Crepus ruffled (Y/n)'s hair, getting a soft complaint and a smile from the said child despite being disappointed.

"You're planning on still going to Liyue, right? Do you even know anyone there?" Crepus asked with a raised brow while staring softly at (Y/n) who tried to fix the (H/c) locks he messed up.

(M/n) glared at the man even more. "Why would I need to know someone in Liyue? It's better if I don't," she answered once she was finished with the luggage.

Crepus heavily sighed. "You're going to screw up his mind, you know? He'll think that you're forcing them to abandon friends he made," he points out.

(M/n) scowled. "Does it look like I care?" She asked with a roll of her eyes.

(Y/n) sat back into the carriage and covered his ears, not wanting to listen to his mother's conversation with Crepus.

Leaning back, the child brought his knees up to his chest and leaned his forehead onto it. He didn't understand why his mother wanted to leave on the day Kaeya and Diluc were gone.

Right now, he just wanted Diluc and Kaeya's reassurance. But he couldn't because both said boys were in Mondstadt.

Before Crepus could have another word in, (M/n) entered the carriage and turned away from him so the said red-head leaned onto the carriage's window and turned his attention to (Y/n).

"Hey, are you alright?" He gently asked, capturing (Y/n)'s attention.

(Y/n) slowly raised his head and uncovered his ears when he heard Crepus' voice which calmed down his anxiety a bit.

"Kinda..." (Y/n) whispered, trying his best to ignore the judging look he was receiving from his mother. Crepus sadly smiled at that unsure answer.

"How about we promise something to each other?" Crepus retorted, capturing the (H/c)ette's attention.

"Promise?" (Y/n) repeated in confusion.

Crepus gave a smile while giving a short head nod. "What do you want to promise?" He asked.

(Y/n) gave a thoughtful look as he tried to figure out what to promise before his (E/c) eyes brightened. Glancing over at his mother, he could see her eyes glaring at him a bit before turning to look at Crepus and whispering it into his ear.

Crepus' eyes widened a bit at the promise he heard in the whisper before softening a bit. "I promise," he states.

(M/n) leaned into her seat, wondering what her son had whispered into Crepus' ear before scoffing lightly and turning away. "We're ready to leave now," she spoke up rudely.

The coachman hummed lightly, saying that they had heard her. "Liyue, right? That'll take until at least tomorrow – sometime around mid-day, are you sure?" They asked.

"Yes, I'm sure." (M/n) answered.

Crepus moved away from the carriage and watched it start to move thanks to the help of two horses at the front.

"Remember our promise, Mr. Crepus!" (Y/n) exclaimed as he waved at Crepus' figure.

Crepus chuckled sourly before waving back, "I'll remember it, don't worry about me." He replied.

"Tell Kaeya and Diluc I said bye, and that I'll see them again!" (Y/n) shouted as Crepus got farther and farther away.

Crepus gave a thumbs up as he watched the carriage leave his sight.

Frowning, he turned away and headed in the direction of his home. "I wonder how Kaeya and Diluc are going to feel... I'm pretty sure they wanted to give him something before they left," he mumbled.

✧˖*°࿐

(Y/n) nervously looked over at his mother, quietly questioning themselves if he should speak up and ask the question he's been wanting to ask.

(M/n) noticed her child's looks and heavily sighed. "What do you want?" She asked with a raised brow, closing her book slightly and settling it down on her upper thigh.

"Where are we going?" (Y/n) asked quietly, lowering his head a bit to show that he held no hostility towards the question.

(M/n) hummed lightly. "We're going to Liyue," she casually answered.

(Y/n) blinked in confusion. "Why not Inazuma? Sorry if I'm speaking too much," he replied nervously.

(M/n) bit back a scoff before looking at the trembling figure that was her son. "Why would we live over there when Liyue is just as protected?" She retorted.

'But... Inazuma is harder to get into though cause of that storm.' (Y/n) thought, mentally frowning.

"Is there anything else that you would like to ask?" (M/n) spoke up while turning her attention back to the book she had sat down.

(Y/n) shook his head. "No... sorry for ruining your time." He whispered, turning away from his mother.

(M/n) rolled her eyes as she slipped out a long strip of cloth she carried in a bag she had right beside her before handing it over.

"Wear that over your eyes and NEVER take it off, you hear me?" (M/n) ordered.

(Y/n) flinched at the stern tone while looking at the cloth before tying it around his eyes, making sure it was tied well enough not to fall.

"Yes, ma'am." (Y/n) retorted while trying his best to get used to the pitch darkness that hid away his good vision.

"Good, now be quiet for the rest of this trip. We don't need to have you complaining," (M/n) muttered as she started reading her book once more.

(Y/n) leaned up against the carriage's door, curling into a small ball. 'Mama might be strict on me... but I still love her even if she might... hate me? Is that the right word? No, she's just really iffy on showing her emotions to me.' He thought before falling asleep due to the darkness becoming comfortable to be lulled away.

(M/n) stared at her sleeping child in silence. She knew why the Fatui and their Harbingers were after her child, but never explained why they were.

She just silently hoped that she was making the right decision of keeping her only child safe even if it meant forcing her own son to hate her.