Chapter VI: Act XX

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗
Waiting for You
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

An ombre bluenette feline could be seen biting down on a dango stick as their dark blue eyes read over some unsigned papers that they had yet to sign.

Humming, the feline finished off the dango stick and threw it off to the side, ignoring the fact it nearly hit their co-worker in the face.

"Woah! You gotta watch where you're aiming, (F/n)!" Tomo's voice rang out, not surprised at all since it was normal for him.

Dark blue eyes darted over to the older male that decided to enter the small blacksmith building. "I missed it again? Damn," they sighed.

Tomo sweatdropped at the sound of disappointment from the ombre bluenette but chuckled softly. "What are you looking into right now?" He asked with a raised brow.

(F/n) leaned back and threw the folder of unsigned papers to the male.

"Read it, and you shall find out." They mumbled while running a hand down their face.

Tomo flipped open the folder he was able to catch and read down the pages that were inside of it.

(F/n) watched Tomo's eyes widen at the two names that had captured his attention.

"Eh!? Kujou Sara and Sangonomiya Kokomi?!" He exclaimed in surprise.

"Uh-huh," (F/n) retorted while ruffling their loose strands of hair which was currently up in a high ponytail.

Tomo gave a look of disbelief. "You already have Gorou's signature to create the resistance's weaponry! Why did Kokomi need to send in her signature?" He asked.

(F/n) leaned against the palm of their hand, gazing at Tomo with a tired look on their face. "By the sound of it, Watatsumi Island has been ambushed a lot more than we thought," they answered.

Tomo's brows furrowed. "But why did Kujou Sara, herself, send in a slip? Don't they have their people that create their weapons?" He wondered.

(F/n) nodded their head at the question. "They do."

Tomo sucked in a breath and took notice of the tiredness that the feline held.

"Why don't you take the day off?" He finally retorted.

(F/n) blinked away the sleepiness from their eyes to give a dumbfounded look at the older figure.

Tomo smiled softly. "Take the day off, I'll finish off Gorou and Sangonomiya's request for additional weaponry," he says.

(F/n) rubbed away at the sleepiness, trying to understand the words that they were hearing. "How can I trust you with my shop?" They asked with a raised brow.

The male gave a thoughtful look for a few seconds before chuckling. "I've been working for you since you've taken over this shop. I'm pretty sure you can trust me," he replied.

"Mmh..." (F/n) mumbled as a yawn left past their lips.

Tomo walked over and casually picked up the yawning feline before walking over to the entrance of the blacksmith shop and setting them down on their feet.

"Take some time off for yourself, I'll make sure to get some work done," Tomo reassured once more.

(F/n) turned to look up at Tomo's figure and smiled a bit. "I guess... I could trust you once," they replied.

Tomo gave a playful offended look and placed a hand on his chest. "This "once"? How dare you! I can be trustworthy!" He teased.

(F/n) covered their lips with a closed fist, their shoulders shaking with muted laughter.

Tomo's eyes softened as he watched the feline's figure relax, and no longer tense.

(F/n) brought their hands behind their back, and gave a close-eyed smile up at Tomo. "Thanks, Tomo," they replied.

Tomo nodded his head. "Now go ahead, boss."

"I better not come back to the place being burnt down. If I do, I'm taking that pay out of your paycheck!" (F/n) playfully threatened.

"Not my paycheck!" Tomo cried out, playing along.

(F/n)'s tail flicked back and forth as they walked off, their ear twitching at the gentle chirping of a nearby bird.

Tomo waved to the leaving figure that left his sight.

Bringing his hand to his side, he softly chuckled.

"Hopefully that (Y/n) person can hurry up. I can tell that (F/n) is about to break the second something snaps that string," he murmured.

✧˖*°࿐

(F/n) reached a hand out to a sakura blossom that leaned over their short figure, dark blue eyes sparkling in remembrance.

They could remember all the times they had seen this tree during their past life and current life. It reminded them so much of home.

But their current home wasn't here just yet, however, that time is just right around the corner.

They could remember the many times they had forced the (H/c)-haired male to dance with them underneath the moon and stars that their old world would give away.

Tears gathered in their eyes as they ran a thumb over one of the blossom's petals.

"Heh... Hehe..." They laughed, tears slipping down their cheeks as they fell to their knees.

The feline bent over, their tail and ears going limp as soft sobs racked the sixteen-year-old's body.

Tears dripped to the ground as the ombre bluenette gave a pained smile to the ground.

"Please... (Y/n). Hurry up... I can't hide myself much any longer... I can't fake a smile that people are starting to notice. So, please... Please come back and become the sunshine on my darkened days. I'm here waiting for you to pick me up once again. I miss you," (F/n) sobbed out quietly.

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗

╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝