A New Friend!

As the trio made a stop in front of Mondstadt's entrance, (Y/n) looks up with wide (E/c) hues that sparkled in amazement.

The city was huge!

Kaeya walked through the gates and disappeared from Diluc and (Y/n)'s sight, wanting to be the first one on the training grounds.

Diluc gave a side glance at the (H/c)ette beside him. "An acquaintance of mine should be appearing soon, she decided to take a day off from training to show you around," he explained.

(Y/n) looked up at Diluc in confusion. "What's this acquaintance's name?" He asked with a tilt of his head.

Before Diluc could even say anything, a girl about Kaeya's age came walking up to the duo with a gentle smile on her lips.

"Diluc," the girl greeted kindly, her greyish-blue eyes glancing over at the older boy in front of her.

"Jean," Diluc greeted back with a welcoming smile.

Jean turned her head and took notice of (Y/n). "You must be new here, welcome to Mondstadt. I'm Jean," she introduced herself.

The (H/c)ette realized how formal Jean introduced herself and mentally sweatdrop. "Oh... um, hello... I'm (Y/n)," (Y/n) responded.

Jean nodded her head while smiling before turning to look at Diluc. "Go on ahead, we'll see both you and Kaeya by lunchtime."

"I'll see you both later then," Diluc hummed out before leaving with a small wave of his departure.

Jean turned to look at the (H/c)ette with a gentle look on her face. "I've been told this is your first time in Mondstadt? I do hope that you'll love it here," she states.

(Y/n) stared at the blonde with a confused look. "Huh?"

Jean noticed the look of confusion and lightly laughed. "Diluc got into contact with me last night thanks to his father's bird," she answered.

"Oh."

Jean smiled at the (H/c)ette's airhead personality which will probably change over time when he would decide to travel to Teyvat when he gets older.

The blonde nudged the (H/c) colored boy, before leading them into Mondstadt.

"Have you ever been into a city or village?" Jean asked when she saw (Y/n)'s attention on the buildings that surrounded the two of them.

(Y/n) looked over at Jean and shook his head. "Nope!" He answered.

Jean furrowed her brows before realizing that she was already told this.

'His mother must be really strict.' Jean thought, not knowing how half-right she was at that point.

(Y/n) perked up as the windmills captured his attention. "What are those?" He asked in awe.

Jean looked over where (Y/n) was looking and smiled. "Those are called windmills, they're one of the many things that allow us to feel the freedom that we were given by the Anemo God," she answered.

(Y/n)'s eyes sparkled with excitement at that information. "Barbatos made this city for his people? That's so cool!" He beamed.

Jean bit back a laugh at the (H/c)ette's excitement while nodding her head.

"You must know about the Archons, right? Your eyes seem to sparkle when you even hear a mention of one of them," Jean points out in amusement.

(Y/n) nodded his head, "Yep! My mom doesn't like me talking about them, though." He replied.

Jean gave a confused look at that. "Why?" She curiously asked.

(Y/n) just shrugged his shoulders. "She only said that she didn't like them, didn't give any reason." He answered.