Chapter VII: Act V

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗
A Gift for You
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

The next day slipped by like a breeze.

Birds were singing along together with their beautiful chirps to fill out the morning to introduce a brand new day.

A pair of cat ears twitched with every chirp that their owner heard as they quickly moved around the shop, placing weaponry and artifacts into multiple cargo boxes, and placing them into a beaten old wooden cart that the figure would be able to push around.

Dark blue eyes lifted upward when they heard a door opening and took notice of a wide awake (H/c)ette and no Xiao.

"Eh? Where's Xiao?" The feline asked in confusion.

The (H/c)ette yawned. "He went back into the teapot because the birds wouldn't shut up," he answered.

(F/n) sweatdropped but nodded their head in understanding. The birds were the most annoying pieces of shit, so they were glad that someone else agreed with them.

(E/c) eyes took notice of the boxes filled up to the brim with items. "Are you heading out somewhere?" (Y/n) asked.

(F/n) perked up a bit as they wiped away the sleepiness in their eyes. "Gotta head out to the city," they answered with a yawn.

(Y/n) hummed lowly and turned his attention to the cart outside. "I'll help push the cart," he retorted.

(F/n)'s eyes widened a bit at that comment and quickly turned to their childhood friend. "Wha– You don't have to! It's my job to do that!" They exclaimed in disbelief.

The (H/c)ette raised a brow at that and shook his head. "Nope, you're letting Xiao and I stay here, so I need to help out with something."

(F/n) pouted lightly and crossed their arms over their chest, knowing that they couldn't win against an argument with (Y/n).

"Fine," they huffed out.

(Y/n) chuckled lightly and gave a head pat to the feline who purred lightly at the attention they were receiving.

"Are you almost done packing up?" The (H/c)ette asked.

The ombre bluenette feline nodded their head as they lifted a final cargo box into their arms. "I just gotta put this one in the back, and then we should be able to head into the city," they answered before heading out of the blacksmith with the box.

(Y/n) followed after the feline in silence, placing his arms behind his head with a calm expression on his face.

A grunt left (F/n)'s lips as they placed the last cargo box into the cart before climbing into it.

(Y/n) rolled his eyes in amusement but took his position so that he could push the cart.

(F/n) leaned against one of the cargo boxes and dozed off, wrapping their tail around their waist as they slept silently.

Quiet humming left the (H/c)ette's lips as he moved in the direction of the city of Inazuma.

✧˖*°࿐

"Wake up, (F/n)," a voice said while lightly shaking the said feline's shoulder.

Dark blue eyes fluttered open tiredly as their owner took in their surroundings.

Stretching, the ombre bluenette released a yawn from their lips before hopping out of the cart.

"We're here already?" (F/n) mumbled tiredly.