Chapter VI: Act XXII

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗
Solitary Fragrance
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

"There are so many talismans here! And some stacks of blank paper, too! Hmm, what are they for?" Paimon points out after allowing (Y/n) and Aether two take on the Fatui that was once in the area.

"It looks like they're copying the pattern on the talisman," Aether answered.

"Paimon's seen this pattern before! But where... Oh, Paimon knows! It looks just like the Sigil of Permission that Childe gave you. Hmm, but how did a relic of the adepti end up in the hands of someone like Childe? Suspicious..." Paimon trailed off.

"It's not just a relic..." Aether retorted.

"It's not even a real sigil either, but it looks like one," (Y/n) mumbled under his breath.

"Oh, that's right. Cloud Retainer said that when the Lord of Geo created the Sigil of Permission, it wasn't to be used as some ol' relic... Talismans like that were once used in the Archon War to channel divine powers. Maybe the Fatui are copying the Sigil of Permission in hopes of achieving a similar effect? Being able to channel divine power in battle... Whew, that sounds pretty dangerous." Paimon wondered out loud.

"Seems the Fatui are definitely up to something," Aether points out.

"And the plot thickens... We'll need to keep an eye on Childe, that's for sure." Paimon agreed.

(Y/n) kept his eyes on the talismans that were on top of the cargo box.

'Divine power, huh? Isn't Osial... Well, shit.' (Y/n) thought in realization.

"Hmm, alright, that's enough sticking around here. We gotta go meet up with Zhongli soon. The last stop on our Rite of Parting preparation tour is... Dihua Marsh! Let's go! Paimon hates being late!" Paimon exclaimed.

✧˖*°࿐

"Right on time. I myself only arrived moments ago. Did you enjoy your visit to the Jade Chamber?" Zhongli asked when he noticed Aether, (Y/n), and Paimon coming over.

Paimon nodded her head. "It was so biiig. And preetty. And expensive. Paimon's never seen such a fancy–schmancy place before!" She exclaimed, throwing her hands up in the air so she could exaggerate the size – and explain it better.

Zhongli hummed. "Indeed. It's second to none in all of Liyue. Then you met with Ningguang, I trust? What did you talk about with her?" He asked.

"She's super rich and so generous. Paimon thinks she's very friendly!" Paimon beamed.

"Business people are always "friendly" when it suits their interests," Aether answered.

'And snippy, but I'm not gonna say that out loud.' (Y/n) mused.

"Yeah, his take on Ningguang is quite different from Paimon's. He thinks that even the tactless Yuheng is more trustworthy than her," Paimon called out.

Zhongli raised a brow in amusement. "Oh, so you also met with Keqing, then? What did she have to say?" He questioned.

"She said, "The time of the adepti has long passed. If even the Liyue Qixing don't want to face that truth, then what future is there for Liyue"?" Paimon quoted.

"Indeed, contrary to the ever-bold Keqing, Ningguang is more of a businesswoman at heart, though they are both members of the Qixing. Although she's friendly, there's no way of clearly discerning her true intentions." Zhongli replied.

"Ningguang is highly ambitious," Aether states.

Zhongli nodded his head in agreement. "Yes, she has only relief on herself to rise to her current position. No ordinary person could ever achieve that. It's said that she's the one behind the constant expansion of the Jade Chamber, it's the second most important thing to her. Even if she ever gave up the position of Tianquan, she would never give up the Jade Chamber."