Chapter VIII: Act IX

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╗
Sumeru City!
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

"Sumeru City! Ah, we finally made it!" Paimon exclaimed in pure joy on reaching Sumeru City.

Her eyes then landed on the items that glowed on the side of people's heads the second they walked into the city.

She quickly turned toward her three companions. "Oh, did you see that? When those people entered the city, something on their heads lit up!" Paimon points out.

"One moment please, you four. It appears this is your first time visiting Sumeru City," a man's voice said capturing the group's attention.

"Oh! Yeah, that's right, but how did you know that?" Paimon asked in confusion.

The man simply smiled. "Because there's currently no information on either of you in the Akasha. But no need to worry, that won't prevent you from entering the city. In fact, the Akademiya conveniently provides each traveler to Sumeru City with a device. Perhaps you four have heard of the Akasha before. It's our beloved Greater Lord Rukkhadevata's lasting legacy, a treasure of collected knowledge," he replied.

(F/n) sourly looked away as they mentally gagged at how much the older man praised the Akademiya.

"After centuries of tireless research on the Akasha, the Akademiya created one of its most ingenious inventions, the Akasha Terminal. As long as you are within Sumeru's borders, you may use an Akasha Terminal to connect directly to the Akasha and access any knowledge you need. I should mention that due to technical limitations, the operations of Akasha Terminals will be much smoother and more effective in large cities such as Sumeru City and Port Ormos," the man finished explaining.

(Y/n) grimaced as if he remembered something.

(F/n) side-eyed the male beside them with a frown dancing upon their lips. Even if the true Asmodeus was yet to pop up, they knew that the reincarnated male was feeling what his past life was feeling at this very moment.

Paimon's eyes widened in recognition. "Oh, so this is the thing that Tighnari was telling us about. It sounds pretty amazing!" Paimon states.

"You four are quite fortunate. Until recently, it was standard practice to only issue Akasha Terminals to outlanders who spent an extended amount of time in Sumeru. However, this policy was recently changed, and now all travelers are issued one upon arrival. Here are your Akasha Terminals. Please handle them with care," the man says as he handed over a terminal.

(F/n) stared at the object as if it was toxic waste to the world.

Paimon giggled. "Hehe, it kinda looks like a leaf."

"To activate it, simply hold it in your hand and say the following phrase to yourself: "May the Mighty God bless us with their voice of wisdom"."

"Oh since this little doodad lets you access knowledge, maybe we can use it to find a way to meet Lesser Lord Kusanali. Let's give it a try!" Paimon chirped before turning forward, "Ahem! May the Mighty God bless us with their voice of wisdom..."

"May the Mighty God bless us with their voice of wisdom," Aether said quietly.

(F/n) turned sour even more, disliking the fact of what will be happening soon. "May the Mighty God bless us with their voice of wisdom," they muttered.

(Y/n) sighed heavily as he stared at the terminal. "May the Mighty God bless us with their voice of wisdom," he repeated.

With all of them saying that the terminal disappeared and reappeared on the side of their head as a transparent leaf design.